Everton Youth Teams Thread

I have always had a belief that unless you are around the first team getting some minutes at 18, latest 19, you can forget about it. Also need to ask if they play for the National team.. if not also highly unlikely. The stories of a 21 or 22 year old coming out of the youth team and into the first team are so rare its not worth saying they still have time. So that means the likes of Feeney and Bowler need to be in the squad next season or they are out of luck.. history dictates.

So for me I'm now looking at Astley and Gordon, maybe Bobby Carroll. I'm not holding out for the current U23's unfortunately.. But apart from that first 2 there is no real buzz about any of our youngsters.. but I fear (also really hope to be wrong) that @MarcelsGoat is right.

I have always had a belief that unless you are around the first team getting some minutes at 18, latest 19, you can forget about it. Also need to ask if they play for the National team.. if not also highly unlikely. The stories of a 21 or 22 year old coming out of the youth team and into the first team are so rare its not worth saying they still have time. So that means the likes of Feeney and Bowler need to be in the squad next season or they are out of luck.. history dictates.

So for me I'm now looking at Astley and Gordon, maybe Bobby Carroll. I'm not holding out for the current U23's unfortunately.. But apart from that first 2 there is no real buzz about any of our youngsters.. but I fear (also really hope to be wrong) that @MarcelsGoat is right.

Above a few people above touched on it, we have so many players in the squad, so its hard to get these young lads in and around the first team.

This summer we will of course hopefully get rid of a few players, but we will also sign some players, so these young uns need to be top, top drawer to break through. We have about 200 young uns on our books, in different age groups, im not saying none of them will make it, some of them very well might, im just not hopeful personally.

Im sure most will go and make a great career in the game, im sure some of them will do a Ruddy, Duffy and go on to play at the top, I just doubt many of them will make it here.

Well tomorrow its Everton u23s hoping they can extend the 4 point lead they have playing Arsenal home,so far Everton as ever have said nothing about game yet but i think even if on ,it would be members only,but doubt its on,and Arsenal dont seem to show any games live and have said nothing yet-An Everton win tomorrow would officially confirm the league as a 2 horse race with 3 games left

In the u18s league Everton had a break this weekend,but the top 2 Liverpool who were top by 3 points played 2nd placed Derby who have game in hand as well,and Derby beat Liverpool 3-1 to go top with game in hand and also play 1st next week-Derby have been on some run and only Everton have give them there only 2 defeats this season in the league

Finally a confirmed date for the last 16 round game in Premier League Cup

Well tomorrow its Everton u23s hoping they can extend the 4 point lead they have playing Arsenal home,so far Everton as ever have said nothing about game yet but i think even if on ,it would be members only,but doubt its on,and Arsenal dont seem to show any games live and have said nothing yet-An Everton win tomorrow would officially confirm the league as a 2 horse race with 3 games left

In the u18s league Everton had a break this weekend,but the top 2 Liverpool who were top by 3 points played 2nd placed Derby who have game in hand as well,and Derby beat Liverpool 3-1 to go top with game in hand and also play 1st next week-Derby have been on some run and only Everton have give them there only 2 defeats this season in the league

You watching tonight's game RM? Any team need out yet?