Old Everton Pictures

Trainer Tom Eggleston leads the Everton FC players round the Bellefield training pitch at the start of the session -

Joey, you appear to have an "on line" link to old Daily Post and Echo reports. I visit Liverpool once or twice a year to go to the Library with my camera to copy old photos and then post them to my Pinterest account but I can't get a decent copy of your namesake scoring at Leeds 23.11.68 with a diving header (the copy in the library is too dark) . Is there any chance you can get a copy and post it on this thread. Thanks

Joey, you appear to have an "on line" link to old Daily Post and Echo reports. I visit Liverpool once or twice a year to go to the Library with my camera to copy old photos and then post them to my Pinterest account but I can't get a decent copy of your namesake scoring at Leeds 23.11.68 with a diving header (the copy in the library is too dark) . Is there any chance you can get a copy and post it on this thread. Thanks
I will try my best for you, I do buy books, magazines also been rooting out my car boot days where I picked up,stuff - your site is a delight by the way, I am an avid follower of it - that diving header as a young kid I was right behind it getting crushed in the Leeds shed end packed with thousands of travelling blues - I did find the game on Ytube and his goal you mentioned is on the classic Match thread - that goal as it was imo biased opinion the best diving back headed goals ever seen - the papers raved about it the next day --Bally chipped the ball I can see Keeper Gary Sprake in my eyes now casually going to catch it waist height , and big Joe thundering in side on to back head flick it over his shoulder into the net - the crowd went berserk it was an equaliser .. but like everything on that ground the cramped a disputed late goal our unbeaten run was over - the papers ranted about that goal by Joe quite rightly it was magic - If you go to classic matches it is there posted by me as it was in in those days the old MOTD perhaps only two games on in that late 1960,s - as for a picture I will look in value in for you as to my knowledge I have yet to see one, as that goal was so special to me one my hero two Imwas there, 3 it would be goal of any season now... ;)

Thanks. Like you I was there and, in those years was seeing virtually every game home and away. I gave up my season ticket in the late 70s after I "emigrated". I attended Quarry Bank, a year above Big Joe and followed his playing career from start to finish. Between 1963 and the early 80s I had comprehensive scrap books but ,during a number of downsizing house moves had to "lose" many of them, retaining only Cup and Championship seasons. These formed the basis of my new collection on which I have built trawling the internet and my visits to the library.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks. Like you I was there and, in those years was seeing virtually every game home and away. I gave up my season ticket in the late 70s after I "emigrated". I attended Quarry Bank, a year above Big Joe and followed his playing career from start to finish. Between 1963 and the early 80s I had comprehensive scrap books but ,during a number of downsizing house moves had to "lose" many of them, retaining only Cup and Championship seasons. These formed the basis of my new collection on which I have built trawling the internet and my visits to the library.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Here's that great diving header goal - great goal 14 minutes in - ;) what a team we had you could see they were one day to be Champions....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
I know you have funny I turned a job down in the IOM in 1983 - .... some regrets now ... but you can't turn the clock back - my other move was fruitful, but always a nagging point was when rep came to me in my workplace and told me I missed a great opportunity.....