Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair none of the Ajax boys have joined a club worse than us.

Sanchez went to Spurs
Kluivert went to Roma
De Jong will go to Barca

So its not like the really good players would have even joined us and Klaassen was their best player at the time we bought him like.

From a "players to watch" point of view, which Europa League game would be worth watching tonight?
There's a lot of talent all over but namely:
Tsygankov for Kyiv playing against Chelsea
Haller up top and Da Costa at right back against Inter
Young lad named Schlager who plays in midfield for Salzburg has looked very good the few times I've seen him
Benfica have a lot of (probably too expensive) talent (Joao Felix/Grimaldo/Fernandes) and they've got a young centre back called Ruben Dias who looks the business
Fornals at Villarreal is deffo worth a look at, I think he'd be gettable for us too, especially if they get relegated
I'm watching the Frankfurt/Inter game now and probably the Napoli/Salzburg game at 8

Out of all the players linked Bruno Fernandes is the one I really hope we go for.

Fernandes
Lozano
Meunier
Gomes

Them 4 and a good CF and we are in business.

If I am being honest, I know the positions we need to address this upcoming window... but I haven't the faintest idea who we should target and who is likely. Would any of you give me some player recommendations so I can research who they are?

March’s Target List:

I rank the players based off value, form, future outlook, and how well I believe they’d fit into the team. 1 player at each position listed is needed in order to break through into European competition, over the next 2-3 windows.

List will be left as a spoiler to prevent wasting time of those who don’t care for it. That being said don’t read it and moan about too much FIFA. It’s purely a thought provoking post to build conversation on.

(Disclaimer: Values are taken from Transfermarkt. High probability of them being wrong.)

s = summer sign
l = summer loan

CB:
  1. Willi Orban - Leipzig - £15m (s)
  2. Niklas Stark - Hertha Berlin - £20m (s)
  3. Ruben Dias - Benfica - £28m (l/s)
  4. Ibrahima Konate - Leipzig - £18m (s)
  5. Kurt Zouma - Chelsea - £20m (s/l)
RB:
  1. Youcef Atal - Nice - £5m (s)
  2. Thomas Meunier - PSG - £32m (s)
  3. Nordi Mukiele - Leipzig - £14m (s)
CM:
  1. Andre Gomes - Barca - £28m (s)
  2. Bruno Fernandez - Sporting - £30 (s)
  3. Mason Mount - Derby - £4m (s)
  4. Morgan Sanson - Marseille - £22m (s)
  5. Gedson Fernandes - Benfica - £22m (s)
CDM:
  1. Amadou Diawara - Napoli - £16m (s)
  2. Sander Berge - Genk - £15.5m (s)
  3. Alfa Semedo - Benfica - £4m (s)
ST:
  1. Sebastien Haller - Frankfurt - £35m (s)
  2. Joao Felix - Benfica - £20m (s)
  3. Ante Rebic - Frankfurt - £35m (s)
  4. Michy Batshuayi - Chelsea - £25m (s)
  5. Yussuf Poulsen - Leipzig - £20m (s)
RW:
  1. Lozano - PSV - £40m (s)
  2. Hachim Ziyech - Ajax - £35m (s)
  3. Allan Saint-Maximin - Nice - £18m (s)
Have a look at my earlier post. Some exciting players to watch for there. Namely I’d say watch these in this order:
  1. Orban
  2. Ziyech
  3. Diawara
  4. Lozano
  5. Berge
  6. Felix
  7. Fernandez
  8. Starks
  9. Atal

From a "players to watch" point of view, which Europa League game would be worth watching tonight?
There's a lot of talent all over but namely:
Tsygankov for Kyiv playing against Chelsea
Haller up top and Da Costa at right back against Inter
Young lad named Schlager who plays in midfield for Salzburg has looked very good the few times I've seen him
Benfica have a lot of (probably too expensive) talent (Joao Felix/Grimaldo/Fernandes) and they've got a young centre back called Ruben Dias who looks the business
Fornals at Villarreal is deffo worth a look at, I think he'd be gettable for us too, especially if they get relegated
I'm watching the Frankfurt/Inter game now and probably the Napoli/Salzburg game at 8
Agree with everything he said but also watch Lautaro Martinez the young inter striker. Seems to be built in the exact mold as tevez. We won’t ever get near him with Icardi’s issues and him being their preferred striker of the future. Nevertheless great talent

If I am being honest, I know the positions we need to address this upcoming window... but I haven't the faintest idea who we should target and who is likely. Would any of you give me some player recommendations so I can research who they are?
Brands will have an entire database of players he's monitoring. I can see us looking at emerging players from the French, Dutch and German leagues rather than paying the Prem premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.