Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Very harsh on Calvert-Lewin that he isn't further up the list for man of the match. Not his biggest fan but he fought VVD tooth and nail, showed some lovely touches and brought us into the game. He may have been tiring, but we could have nicked that if Silva had left him on. Why the hell did he bring on Tosun???

Also, Michael Keane made a lot of positional mistakes, was too slow to too many balls and always looks off balance to me. Don't understand the love in for him. I have my heart in my mouth every time he's near the ball. Don't get me wrong, that last ditch challenge was exceptional, but no way was he MOTM.

Gone for pickford for MOTM - that save from the one on one was brilliant. Digne did well at a couple of points too, his positional play is excellent

Very harsh on Calvert-Lewin that he isn't further up the list for man of the match. Not his biggest fan but he fought VVD tooth and nail, showed some lovely touches and brought us into the game. He may have been tiring, but we could have nicked that if Silva had left him on. Why the hell did he bring on Tosun???

Also, Michael Keane made a lot of positional mistakes, was too slow to too many balls and always looks off balance to me. Don't understand the love in for him. I have my heart in my mouth every time he's near the ball. Don't get me wrong, that last ditch challenge was exceptional, but no way was he MOTM.

He was grim mate. Might have been different on TV, don't know, but he bottled three or four challenges completely and looked half-arsed throughout.

Drove people in the ground mad. Even if he's a limited player he has to at least show commitment to a challenge and he repeatedly didn't.

Just my thoughts incase anyone else feels the same, from what I`ve noticed today and against Cardiff.......

1 - Looks like the players are playing for the manager, something appears to have changed behind the scenes.
2 - MS Moving away from playing Tika Taka and playing to the capabilities of these players, which isnt pretty.

I thought the longer it went on the more likely we were to score, they looked like they were on the ropes.

Can MS turn this around, certainly 2 games doesnt make up for the dismal record this season, but it is a start.

Keane had a great game his timing at crucial times was top class Scheiderlin was top class too fair do's to a Marco, not being over the top here but for the past 2 games we've looked a completely different team purely by attitude and desire. Don't be negative have faith positive energy will transform Everton FC if we go with it

Status
Not open for further replies.