• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like a man who knows he's got to do better but is refusing to abandon his principles to make it happen.

Bodes well
I wonder if he is trying to muddle along till the summer because Brands has told him about various transfer plans which mean he will get more of his own type of players. However it should'nt mean that he can't try and improve on what we are doing at the moment, he just sounds like it's his way or no way despite how bad results are.

Why though?

Look ijjy, I dont really know.

Just think if there is a 'punt' worth going for at the moment it's probably Arteta, knows the game, knows how to play it and is highly rated within the footballing industry. Also knows the club, expectations, standards.

Obviously if there is a proven manager willing to come I'd prefer that (I think it's unlikely anyone of any real calibre is going to come here though) but if we're gonna take a punt, go for Arteta. Obviously being an excellent coach is different to then proving yourself in the hot seat...

I would have rather given Arteta the chance than Silva.

It’s literally his.

No one else has any responsibility? Not the players? Not the people who thought Genk Tosun and Oumar Niasse were strikers? Not the people who authorized massive wages for countless other schlubs?

Everton is a mess right and it isn’t entirely Silva’s fault. I would like to give him more than a few months to see if he can sort it out.

Fingers crossed! What did he say mate?

Seemed to have a bit more snarl about him in the press conferences. I think he still could be a good coach if he can survive the downward spiral that has gripped all our recent managers. Moments go against them, injuries pile up, players confidence goes and then they down tools and make errors, managers gets fired. If Silva can come out of this and we get a bit of stability then I believe that he could put together a good team. He’s probably never experienced a scenario before where whatever could possibly have gone wrong this season has gone wrong. The fact we’re not near a relegation battle given the injury crisis early on, the ridiculous red cards, Pickford gate etc. and the above mentioned downward spiral from the players makes me confident that if he can drag us out the other end of this we might actually be a consistent team seeing as we’ve still picked up some results even when playing poorly.

Beginning to resemble a rabbit in the headlights, not inspiring any confidence, but getting a win tomorrow is all that matters to me currently.

He reminded there of Martinez' final post match comments after the Sunderland defeat, practically dazed and incoherent.

Hope he and they can fight their way out of this, but I am not hopeful.
How so? I read your comments before I watched the presser. Having now watched it, i'm surprised by the above.

Journalist asked if he was going to change things radically, he replies no because if he did it would mean everything is wasted. It's a point Neville made early doors in relation to Emery and Arsenal.

Journalist then says "so you're happy with how you have been performing" despite Silva already saying earlier he isn't happy with the position on the table nor the fact that we aren't playing well.

Silva gets shirty that he's misrepresented.

Nothing to see here in my opinion.

Look ijjy, I dont really know.

Just think if there is a 'punt' worth going for at the moment it's probably Arteta, knows the game, knows how to play it and is highly rated within the footballing industry. Also knows the club, expectations, standards.

Obviously if there is a proven manager willing to come I'd prefer that (I think it's unlikely anyone of any real calibre is going to come here though) but if we're gonna take a punt, go for Arteta. Obviously being an excellent coach is different to then proving yourself in the hot seat...

I would have rather given Arteta the chance than Silva.
what's your definition of a "proven manager"?

Status
Not open for further replies.