Old Everton Pictures

That picture is a meeting to try and stop Bob Latchford putting in a transfer request........

Is it? I’ve no idea, I just seen it on google images, but I’ll take your word for it. Bob Latchford was one of my favourite players as a kid.

My late father went to the Home game V Rangers came home white as a sheet - {I had begged him to go} He told me the crowd would be to big as I was only 7 years old}
He witnessed cueing up by the paddock - iron bars, knives and bottles being used, by both sets of fans in a skirmish when the mountain police on horses came in a scotch guy stubbed his lit cigarette out on the horses backside he just got through the turnstile to avoid the melle outside - inside it was OK packed tight....
He was a hard man a miner in those days, and could look after himself if need be - He stated I am not going to one of those games ever again......
I was in Goodison Road, left of centre, I can honestly say that I witnessed no real bother. I know that Russ Abbot was behind me for most of the game.