Old Everton Pictures

A Blue Bromance: Bob and Mick

Came across a nice interview with Bob on a Birmingham fan's website; he talks about his love for Everton which I'm not sure too many players do when on one of their other clubs' sites!

In the snow. They were a team on the up with some decent players and a point to prove. We, I think put all our eggs in the 'win the league basket' and seemed to lack the intensity we showed in the League...fail to prepare, prepare to fail as they say
Alan Woodward and wagstaff their wingers destroyed us in the 2nd half -yes it was freezing cold and it had snowed as a kid 1-0 up at halftime to a Bally pen - we thought we would get through -as you state probably a blessing in disguise as we won the League that season ;)

I'd put Martyn ahead of West, certainly in terms of taking crosses.
Yes Westy was a bit iffy on the crosses - Labby and Hursty always joked they covered for him in his playing days, he was a great keeper though brave and ruled his penalty area , and his throw out to Moggsy on the wing was a delight to see!
Nigel Martyn was a class keeper to in his vintage years - he turned us down when he was in his prime for Leeds which was a shame for us........