Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Mohammed BS* is rumoured to be enquiring about taking Man U off the Glazers' hands.

I wonder how Blues would respond, should we catch his fancy instead?

I would like to think we'd attempt to draw the line at a murderous dictator running the club (as opposed to a murderous oligarch like Usmanov). But I imagine some wouldn't even flinch, so long as it pushed our collective reality further in the direction of their FIFA Career Modes - as if a lack of spending is the problem here

*(Bone Saw and/or Bin Salman)

Wonder if he would have trouble with SEC and DOJ if he tried to buy ManU, seeing as its NYSE listed.

Wonder if he would have trouble with SEC and DOJ if he tried to buy ManU, seeing as its NYSE listed.

on what grounds though?

Saudi money has long since saturated the US economy, especially Silicon Valley, without anyone even blinking

not at all clear he would actually buy MU, or that the Glazers would sell, but the latest rumours are likely a trial balloon of sorts

anyhow, not to get moralistic, and the ship has long since sailed, but if theoretically Everton ever became the property of a man/regime like that, I could never support them in the same way, subjective and no doubt hypocritical that this may be

on what grounds though?

Saudi money has long since saturated the US economy, especially Silicon Valley, without anyone even blinking

not at all clear he would actually buy MU, or that the Glazers would sell, but the latest rumours are likely a trial balloon of sorts

anyhow, not to get moralistic, and the ship has long since sailed, but if theoretically Everton ever became the property of a man/regime like that, I could never support them in the same way, subjective and no doubt hypocritical that this may be

Saudi money =! The person who ordered the execution (allegedly) of an American citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.