Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepting cutbacks on a stadium, scaling down.... doesn’t sound the workings of an Russian Oligarch does it lads?

Well that’s what’s happening with the stadium. Moshiri doesn’t care about it being iconic he’s been given a great chance to make a lot of money within a relatively short payback period. He’s building that stadium 100% but it won’t be for the future benefit of Everton Football Club just the benefit of his bank balance.

Bill said it was nearly impossible to find Everton a sugar daddy he was right but he’s found himself one.

Thanks William.

Cut backs?

We’re essentially a rerun of Man City in 2007..

A bit of money spunked on the team but under-performing still; a Brazilian peripheral or two and some way-over-the-top fees for journeymen / dross. And sexy, foreign Sven as manager, soon to be replaced by dour, British, Mark Hughes...
The move for 2007-8 season changed City’s finance coz of naming rights, capacity, other marketability, etc. And this opened up the door for first Shinawatra and then Mansoor to come in. It could be argued that nobody would have invested in City, without being certain that the City of Manchester stadium would be redeveloped for City’s use.
If I was Uncle Ali, I wouldn’t attach my name to such a still-flaky, early stage, overall Project; I would be weighing in once I could be sure the stadium is happening.
Especially if I was in the steel selling and naming rights business

I'll only believe the Usmanov rumour when Paul Joyce Or other Respected Journalists report it saying he's bought in to Blue Heaven Holdings alongisde Moshiri otherwise nothing is happening and last i heard was from Moshiri's and Usmanov's people saying it's Moshiri’s investment Usmanov has no involvement

I see Mohammed BS* is rumoured to be enquiring about taking Man U off the Glazers' hands.

I wonder how Blues would respond, should we catch his fancy instead?

I would like to think we'd attempt to draw the line at a murderous dictator running the club (as opposed to a murderous oligarch like Usmanov). But I imagine some wouldn't even flinch, so long as it pushed our collective reality further in the direction of their FIFA Career Modes - as if a lack of spending is the problem here

*(Bone Saw and/or Bin Salman)

I see Mohammed BS* is rumoured to be enquiring about taking Man U off the Glazers' hands.

I would like to think we'd attempt to draw the line at a murderous dictator running the club (as opposed to a murderous oligarch like Usmanov). But I imagine some wouldn't even flinch, so long as it pushed our collective reality further in the direction of their FIFA Career Modes - as if a lack of spending is the problem here

We've had a dictator murdering the club for 20 years. Time to let a more professional dictator have a bash.

We’ve had Sam Allardyce as manager, so MBS would be an upgrade

We still going on in here because some poster has said something in another forum, then deleted his account?

I would love this to happen but can't see anything happening for years, if this does occur

I wouldn't be surprised, remember when city were bought by a billionaire then sold to an even bigger billionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.