Match Thread Cardiff City v Everton- Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said at Xmas I thought we would get 60 points for some reason I think that ship has sailed as we definitely aren't getting 27 points. Probably at Easter I will revise down to 40 but for now 50 is my target! How did it go so badly wrong?

No idea pal, up until the derby ( a couple of games aside ) we were playing some really good football

but we haven't played well ONCE since the derby ( the 3 wins was a mixture of good fortune and playing absolute dross opposition )

hopefully we finish the season strong and if silva does stay give him something to build on, because we can't keep doing what we are doing next year

You actually think we’re going to go a 14 game winless run? Do you honestly, wholeheartedly believe that, or is that a subtle WUMming?
I do. I just cannot see where the next result is coming from. I certainly think Cardiff will beat us and the redshite game could be humiliating. The teams that you might think we should be able to get a result against are all away games like West Ham and Newcastle. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manure are always a trial and I certainly cannot even see a point out of those.Burnley at home may be an opportunity but I wouldn't want to go into the penultimate game of the season needing a result. Fulham away was never easy for us.

I do. I just cannot see where the next result is coming from. I certainly think Cardiff will beat us and the redshite game could be humiliating. The teams that you might think we should be able to get a result against are all away games like West Ham and Newcastle. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manure are always a trial and I certainly cannot even see a point out of those.Burnley at home may be an opportunity but I wouldn't want to go into the penultimate game of the season needing a result. Fulham away was never easy for us.

Right. So just to confirm, you do actually think we’re going to go on a 14 game winless run? Because that’s a completely normal thing that happens?

Just spent three minutes trying to workout if you were using a french phrase there, then realised you had written ‘coin toss’ dohhhhhhh!
Ha Ha! the spacebar doesnt work well on my work laptop. Not a problem when its in its dockiing station but yesterday I was at home! That said I like the idea of a French word 'cointoss' which means governed by chance, and may be gin using it. With a very thick Depardeu accent ........of course

You actually think we’re going to go a 14 game winless run? Do you honestly, wholeheartedly believe that, or is that a subtle WUMming?

This is what I said in a thread last night. It has to be wumming as not even the most negative fan could think this will happen. We are crap yes, but we will pick up points, starting with a win here IMO.

This is what I said in a thread last night. It has to be wumming as not even the most negative fan could think this will happen. We are crap yes, but we will pick up points, starting with a win here IMO.

Even the worst teams rarely ever do that. People writing off Fulham away just because it’s an away game is a bit bizarre. I don’t think people have grasped that relegation-threatened teams don’t win every game at home, otherwise they wouldn’t be in the thick of a relegation scrap.

We could actually dodge playing Cardiff if Silva uses his loaf...
All he has to do is get all our lad's mums to write a note saying he's not well today so he's not playing out

Even the worst teams rarely ever do that. People writing off Fulham away just because it’s an away game is a bit bizarre. I don’t think people have grasped that relegation-threatened teams don’t win every game at home, otherwise they wouldn’t be in the thick of a relegation scrap.

Exactly, I think we will lose a bunch of games for sure, but we will take points along the way.

True. We might get a point!

Status
Not open for further replies.