2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I would have Eriksson over siggy everyday. But he would come here and look crap as our strikers can't score and we would expect him to do everything.

Found this quite interesting really. Yes stats are only good to an extent but everyone on this forum would probably say they want Eriksson instead of siggy. But the stats reflect that it's crap strikers that cause the issue as siggy is still achieving the same expected assists etc as when at Swansea, so is doing exactly what we wanted when we bought him. And is actually doing better than eriksson in most aspects but Eriksson has good players around him.
Tbh as soon as the expected goals stats got thrown out I switched off. Also thought it was weird that at the start it mentioned his goals and assists for last season but then when comparing to this season only mentioned his assists to somehow dictate he's having a worse season when in fact he's over doubled his goal tally. Expect nothing less from the clueless heads at the Echo.

I’m sober and recovered now so I retract my original post and will instead say that I don’t think he’s a very good football player.
Fair point. But I disagree. Hes in a poor run of form but they all are. He does drift in and out but hes really our only creative player. Walcott has robbed him of at least 5 assists and it would help if any of players could win headers. It sounds like excuses and it kind of is but hes an easy target for the usual boo boy morons.

no I don't use stats or moody articles to tell me what player is performing, I use my eyes

eriksen is at a level siggy will never in a millions years be

So why bother trying to discuss it when the whole point was the information shown in the article. I never said he was better that Eriksson, I said the stats in the article reflect that he is doing better on many things.

So why bother trying to discuss it when the whole point was the information shown in the article. I never said he was better that Eriksson, I said the stats in the article reflect that he is doing better on many things.

because your using daft articles/stats and comparing them to a FAR superior player as a way of telling us how he's not doing to bad, when in reality he is doing bad

for arguments sake I've just skim read that article and it has siggy being better than eriken in stuff like goals ( siggy has taken a few pens ) and it even has him ahead in duels/dribbling who is arsed abar them 2?

the most important one needed as follows...

"In terms of passes, Sigurdsson is involved in substantially less than Eriksen. He averages just 27.12 passes per 90 minutes with a success rate of 74.7%. Eriksen, however, averages 53.92 passes per 90 minutes with a success rate of 83.1%".

thanks for listening

Eriksen has been a key player in a title challenging team and Sigurdsson has continued to plod along in a crap mid-table side like he has done his whole career so the stats don’t mean anything do that mate?

No marius. Sig is crap and thats that. Dont use stats to show that hes actually doing what he can in a bad team. The boo boys have spoken.

The problem is that there’s a few cherry picked stats. He takes more shots - but is our primary FK taker so that’s expected. He runs with the ball more.

The actual thing he’s supposed to be doing as a creative outlet, such as distributing the ball and created chances - he’s nowhere near as good at.

Compare his stats to Mikel Artetas when he was our main playmaker. If Siggurdsson is supposed to be doing the same job, it would make you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.