The case for Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case for Silva is that he took over a squad which had sacrificed quality for quantity. He has a major job of work getting the dead wood out before he can start to introduce some more quality.
That is all I have on the case for Silva.

With Newcastle drawing at Wolves that puts us 6 points off 15th and everyone below has a game in hand. The last relegation place is 9 points away with everyone having a game in hand.

Just let that sink in!
It means Southampton has to get 10 points more then us for the rest of the season.
Absolutely this. We have some horrendous fixtures left. We need at least 6 points. Where are they coming from?
35 will keep a team up as it has done the last 2 seasons.

Two weeks before a summer window closes and he;d spent the best part of £200M he decides he'd like some more cash to fill the position we most needed filling.

Yeah, sounds exactly like the reasons for Silva not being permitted a striker.

Of course Dave, it obviously wasn’t a top priority because he didn’t go the press.

But like Silva he was left without a striker, difference being he made it public and knew that sideshow Steve had failed him. Marco on the other said he didn’t want one, good little pet towing the company line

It means Southampton has to get 10 points more then us for the rest of the season.

35 will keep a team up as it has done the last 2 seasons.
Glad to see someone not wetting their bed for a change. Southampton, and a host of others, are at one point per game (or as close as you can get). There is no way we will go the rest of the season without picking up a single point. We are on a very poor run of form but we are not in a relegation battle.
For that reason I cant see Silva getting the sack until the end of the season at the earliest.

First of all, there was only not money available in January. They'll be money in the summer, relax.

Second of all, if I hear that "SAM GOT US 8TH" one more time I'm going to vomit. He was 2 points out of 9th when he started.

Third of all and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that team was absolutely CRAP last year. Goal differential of -14.

OFFENSE = 19th in shots. 19th in dribbles per game. 18th in attempts on goal. 18th in chances created. 18th in chances created in open play.
DEFENSE = 20th in goals in open play against. 15th in shots conceded. 20th in fouls committed.

That's the team that Silva inhereted. Maybe if some of you stopped thinking we were a deserving 8th place team and realized we were lucky to not be relegated, maybe you'd cut Silva a bit of slack.

We we're there as soon as Watford sacked him, alarm bells should of been ringing then, total none professional, crap results, poor CV, cant stay long at clubs, perfect for a club who wants to get some stability......

How blind were we, I honestly looked at his work in Portugal and Greece and thought he could do something here, Stevie Wonder blind.

Last edited:
First of all, there was only not money available in January. They'll be money in the summer, relax.

Second of all, if I hear that "SAM GOT US 8TH" one more time I'm going to vomit. He was 2 points out of 9th when he started.

Third of all and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that team was absolutely CRAP last year. Goal differential of -14.

OFFENSE = 19th in shots. 19th in dribbles per game. 18th in attempts on goal. 18th in chances created. 18th in chances created in open play.
DEFENSE = 20th in goals in open play against. 15th in shots conceded. 20th in fouls committed.

That's the team that Silva inhereted. Maybe if some of you stopped thinking we were a deserving 8th place team and realized we were lucky to not be relegated, maybe you'd cut Silva a bit of slack.

There wasnt a single penny available in January mate, thats pretty clear, all you need to do is look at the accounts, spending any money and adding to an overbloated, overpaid squad would have been a mistake of epic proportions. There should hopefully be some money to spend in the summer, as long as we can punt about 20 or so players.

Silva can have as much slack as he deserves, which considering we are currently 3 defeats deep, with nothing but tricky games left, is not a great deal currently. Im not expecting nor demanding 8th, I just want this tailspin to end.

I liked Rooney, but I think he was a number in the dressing room who had too much to say. If I was a manager and gone in there I'd have punted Rooney, Baines and Jagielka as a minumum and taken a blow torch to the coaching staff.
I dunno - maybe he actually talked sense!

There wasnt a single penny available in January mate, thats pretty clear, all you need to do is look at the accounts, spending any money and adding to an overbloated, overpaid squad would have been a mistake of epic proportions. There should hopefully be some money to spend in the summer, as long as we can punt about 20 or so players.

Silva can have as much slack as he deserves, which considering we are currently 3 defeats deep, with nothing but tricky games left, is not a great deal currently. Im not expecting nor demanding 8th, I just want this tailspin to end.
I'm not excusing the current form, nor am I saying Silva is our guy. I'm just saying that team was absolute crap last year. Crap.

Sam got a tune out of them and we did buy him 6 new players.

Sam didn't get jack out of that team. Packing it in and getting lucky is not getting a tune. Conceding 23 shots and 80% possession to LFC and getting a crap penalty call isn't success, it's undeserved luck. Over time, that's simply not going to work out that way. We got dominated by crap teams last year and got results that were completely undeserved. Brands would never have had that imposter as our manager, but if he did, we'd be in the relegation zone for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.