• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It couldn't be that I'm right like in suggesting it's way OTT to demand the sacking of a manager who's at midtable without any cutting edge whatsoever provided to him all season because the club said we had actual forwards in the shape of those wax work dummies up front?

I wont join in with that pitchforking.

Wins the derby he's a hero. That's how daft all this is.
We aren’t Brighton or Bournemouth. The ‘bare minimum’ in the overall scheme of things isn’t good enough.

Sacking the manager isn’t the answer, we have a squad full of mediocre to terrible calibre of players.

It’s not like Mourihno & Solksjaer who was able to get them back on side, the next manager to come in faces the same problem as Silva and Koeman.

Shift about another 9 players and let Silva build the team.

It’s Brands i am worried about leaving.

How do you shift some of our players though? Nobody will take them in what we pay them.

So if Silva can’t get them playing he’s in the wrong job.

Genuine question with the ROI- what were the aims at the start of the season?

You'd have to ask the club, but I can't imagine the aim would have been to be worse than Koeman and Allardyce after spending a lot of money in the summer.

For me, I'd have accepted 7th-8th, but a comfortable 8th.

I thought the signings in the summer where fine and I still do. I also thought the correct decision was made not to do anything in January. So I can't aim much criticism as Brands. The manager is simply failing to get the most from the players he has.

That's the problem though, How long do you give him? Do we gamble and hope he can get this team going again or do you nip it in the bud and try and find a replacement? If we can't get a tune out of them now why would it different in a new season.

It's a different outlook with Brands at the helm. Him and Silva will know the problems and want to sort it out, off load players and bring in ones they think will help.

Personally you give him up until xmas next season as it'll be a squad more how they want to see it.

Sacking the manager isn’t the answer, we have a squad full of mediocre to terrible calibre of players.

It’s not like Mourihno & Solksjaer who was able to get them back on side, the next manager to come in faces the same problem as Silva and Koeman.

Shift about another 9 players and let Silva build the team.

It’s Brands i am worried about leaving.
Well said Bryan. I have a feeling the way we think is much more in line with the stance taken inside the club. He's proven he can set up and play well, just not enough times - but that's for the reasons you outline.

There's no stomach to press the panic button at Everton. I feel sure of that.

It's a different outlook with Brands at the helm. Him and Silva will know the problems and want to sort it out, off load players and bring in ones they think will help.

Personally you give him up until xmas next season as it'll be a squad more how they want to see it.
Spot on mate.

Nar, hes blew Xmas for now, I currently want him punted at the end of the season.

3 wins in 14 is a disgrace, I get the state the squad is in, but its good enough to get 7th, something he might do, which is why im willing to wait till the end of the season, but unless we see a drastic change, he goes in May.

Every player to a man has regressed at an alarming rate, our performances have regressed, our results have regressed.

The man simply doesnt have a clue.

And expecting Brands to do much in the summer is a pipe dream, he aint gonna punt half these clowns for 2 or 3 windows.

Juande Ramos. 2007
Redknapp. 2008
AVB.2012
Sherwood.2013
Pochetino.2014

Thats 5 in 7 years.

Martinez.2013
Koeman.2016
Silva.2018

Thats 3 in 5 years , obviously not counting Unsworth & Allardyce as interim managers as with Clive Allen etc at Spurs.

Not matter what the calibre of players Chelsea sack managers if they dont reach their ambition .....as we should.

Who knows ? the next manager might be the right one ......hope its soon.

Maybe stop playing 4-2-3-1. We don’t have the players for it and Stevie wonder can see that. Stop conceding and build from there.... Jesus maybe fat Sam was on to something

My thoughts to a point. What I disagree with though is sacking him before making strategic decisions. Our director of football should be ruling on team set up, tactics, decisions on when to drop out of form players, set piece tactics. MS is a coach, he is not purely responsible for the whole team set up. Brands has to step up here also.

No director of Football in the entire world co-coach the first team. It’s just disrespectful to do so. He may layout the development of the youth setup and oversee the recruitment of first team squad but it’s not his responsibility for him to babysit a first team coach.

Games prior to the derby and the other night against City. That early form is basically why we're still top half after this collapse. You might wish to forget it, but I dont.

Thats just it, ive seen how "good" this group of players can be, which means 3 wins in 14 isnt down to the players, its down to their coaching.

Get him out dave, hes not for us, even Koeman managed 7th.

Stick a fork in this utter clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.