If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is going to go it has to be on the basis that Brands has been planning for it and has a contingency. If that's Moyes then I can live with that until the season's end, his knowledge of the club would make it a bit easier. Same remit as the gravy breathed fraud, we need 2 wins at least.
But it has to be done this weekend.
There's a big enough break to do something, not in the middle of a run of games when it would be counter productive.
We're in freefall for sure, we've had runs like this before, but there are absolutely no signs at all that anything is being done to stop it, none.
I'm ambivalent towards Silva, always have been, but it's gone beyond him now.

I think we need a manager with more experience in turning around bad runs, because Silva has zero Hull and Watford proved it. A better manager makes us harder to beat does the basics then allows our forwards to do their thing. We would be comfortably around 7th. With Silva we are a utterly useless mess.

Absolutely not.

We need a manager who hasn't been involved in disastrous runs of forms lasting into 15 games or the like. That's not acceptable. Turning it round is hollow. We shouldn't be in this situation.

I feel like there was a plan with Koeman. He'd done really well with Southampton and I think most thought it was a match that made sense. A manager who had a proved himself in the league made sense for Everton and taking the step up and joining a richer club with bigger ambitions made sense for Koeman. But obviously it didn't work. The transfer "plan" was comical and Koeman didn't even try to endear himself to the fans. Almost openly treating the Everton job as the stepping stone that he blatantly saw it as. Say what you want about Klopp at the RS but he did a great job showing how much the job meant to him as soon as joined them. I know it's not easy but getting a genuinely class manager who actually seems to be really proud to be at the club would be the dream.

But once Koeman went off the rails, the club panicked and tried to get the flavour of the month. They failed and then panicked and hoped Unsworth could step up. That didn't work so they panicked and got BFS to make absolutely sure the club didn't get relegated. Then they obviously went back and got Silva now he was available.
And he didn't work. No proven uk experience, add us to that list. Goes.

The same person we should have got in the first place, Conceição. On track to win another Portuguese league, unbeaten in the Champions League and previously did well in France, as well.

Heath and Sheedy would do until the end of the season.

I don't think there is even the remotest possibility of Moyes returning, Brands is supposed to be the one that will deliver a proper manager search process, going back cap in hand to Kenwright's man would ruin his credentials all in one go. Regardless of whether Moyes was willing to come back or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.