Season ticket waiting list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueWill87

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I’ve had a look and couldn’t see anywhere else to post it.

I’m a fan based in Scotland and, thanks to a change in work circumstances, I’m now in a position to make it to weekend games.

Last week I signed up to the season ticket waiting list as a Tier 2 member. I’m wondering what the likelihood of being offered a season ticket for next season is? I gather the waiting list has been growing so I’m not super hopeful. Keen to hear your thoughts though!

Thanks in advance!

The club needs to do something about the season tickets that get bought just to go on stubhub every game.

Why?

I've used it as a buyer and seller, it's excellent.

Those who use it, appreciate that 99/100 transactions are great. Most are below face value.

No ticketing platform is perfect.

There's only the Derby and very odd premium games that some prices get daft on it, and thats what makes the headlines/skews opinion.

I've put my eldest the season ticket waiting list for next season and she is also in the Tier 2 bracket, so I asked the club a similar question over the phone.

It may well have been nothing or may have been a slip of the tongue, but they said I should expect a call 'when' they get to her name and not than if.

@GrandOldTeam I think @Rudolf Hucker's point is that some season tickets are bought purely to sell for each and every individual game, rather than occasionally.

Why?

Those who use it, appreciate that 99/100 transactions are great. Most are below face value.

There's only the Derby and very odd premium games that some prices get daft on it, and thats what makes the headlines/skews opinion.

I’m not talking about genuine season ticket holders who see (at face value or less) when they can’t make the odd game.

I’m talking about tickets that are bought for the sole purpose of profit.

The club could very easily instruct Stubhub to limit prices to face value, in line with the club’s own Terms & Conditions. Or confiscate any ticket advertised above face value.

@GrandOldTeam I think @Rudolf Hucker's point is that some season tickets are bought purely to sell for each and every individual game, rather than occasionally.
I’m not talking about genuine season ticket holders who see (at face value or less) when they can’t make the odd game.

I’m talking about tickets that are bought for the sole purpose of profit.

The club could very easily instruct Stubhub to limit prices to face value, in line with the club’s own Terms & Conditions. Or confiscate any ticket advertised above face value.

You think people are buying season tickets just to profit on StubHub?

Can't see that. If some are, how many? A handful?

I don't think it happens because a season ticket for the park end is £565. Even selling Derby/Cat A games at a premium, when you factor in the games that don't sell, or you're lucky to flog for below face value - you'd struggle to make a profit worthwhile for the outlay.

AN issue is the lack of Saturday games...

I travel down from Scotland to the games too, when I can't make it I've sold a few times on stubhub, most I've ever got was £30, a few times the ticket's gone unsold, so I don't see how anyone can make a profit, I'm sure most of the silly prices are sth taking a chance who when it doesn't sell for £100 or whatever go the game.

Why?

They won't have made much profit this season lol

I don't think it happens because a season ticket for the park end is £565. Even selling Derby/Cat A games at a premium, when you factor in the games that don't sell, or you're lucky to flog for below face value - you'd struggle to make a profit worthwhile for the outlay.

View attachment 54092
I sit in the Lower Street End and it's less than £500 for a ticket with it being rare not to sell out, including the absolutely awful seats at the bar covered by the roof.

If you sold every ticket for each home game for £30, which is below the face value of a seat, then you're going to be close to £100 up already.

While I know many of the upcoming fixtures are category A, the cheapest price I've found for an adult in my block is £42.50, including a fee, so there is a market.

Yes you might have fixtures which don't sell or where you'll take a cut, but I think putting it at £30 they'd be snapped up. At £40, you're closer to a max of £300 up.

There'll be those fixtures where you would be able to get more money as well, so I do think you may be understanding the issue slightly.

I sit in the Lower Street End and it's less than £500 for a ticket with it being rare not to sell out, including the absolutely awful seats at the bar covered by the roof.

If you sold every ticket for each home game for £30, which is below the face value of a seat, then you're going to be close to £100 up already.

While I know many of the upcoming fixtures are category A, the cheapest price I've found for an adult in my block is £42.50, including a fee, so there is a market.

Yes you might have fixtures which don't sell or where you'll take a cut, but I think putting it at £30 they'd be snapped up. At £40, you're closer to a max of £300 up.

There'll be those fixtures where you would be able to get more money as well, so I do think you may be understanding the issue slightly.

I had 4x Bournemouth on at £15 and they never sold.

Can't see touts working for £100 profit over 9 or so months mate.

Without the figures in front of me, I can’t give a full answer, but I’ve definitely seen derby tickets on there for £200+.

Terms & Conditions clearly state it’s prohibited to resell a season ticket above face value. The club should enforce it’s own rules.

View attachment 54092

I considered selling my City tickets on there, they were going for about 24 notes, some even much less, I ended up giving it to my mates daughter for nowt in the end.

Cant see people getting their money back over a season at all.

In respect of the waiting list, my cousin got his this season after applying to the waiting list in May, his seats are obscured view by a post, Row NN or something in the GSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.