2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undoubted skills but too slow for the premiership. Another player who has dropped off of late. He has the excuse of no pre season though.

Very tough decision whether to buy, especially if we are too believe money is tight.

I think his recent lull of form is a mixture of things. General team confidence, poor performers around him, poor tactics, heavy Christmas schedule and teams highlighting him as our main man so closing him in twos. I think it's a mix of them all.

I think he's been better of late though with Davies alongside him as he shows for the ball Davies.

I would sign him defo. Still shows as our most productive midfielder. He is by far our best midfielder. We always blame the better players when things are not going right.
I would sign him although i can see why some have reservations, for me he needs to have a real striker in front of him, the one that we should of bought, and he could be the special one in midfield behind him.

What worries me is another team seeing his potential and stepping in ahead of us.

I think is deciding whether to sign him is a bit moot.

More if he fancies staying at all. Not sure I would if I was him.

Suppose it may hang on what he is told (if anything) about our plans for the summer. Having a compatriot as manager may or may not help

I would sign him although i can see why some have reservations, for me he needs to have a real striker in front of him, the one that we should of bought, and he could be the special one in midfield behind him.

What worries me is another team seeing his potential and stepping in ahead of us.
A sky 6 team would want him doing far more during a game in terms of moving about and closing down etc as he looks a bit lethargic at times, id wait till the end of the season yet, im still not sure myself.

A sky 6 team would want him doing far more during a game in terms of moving about and closing down etc as he looks a bit lethargic at times, id wait till the end of the season yet, im still not sure myself.
Yeah but i think he could do that moving in a sky 6 team, dont forget Chelsea took Barkley, if he can get in there Gomes can.

Status
Not open for further replies.