• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if posted in here yet, but just seen it then

at this point in the season, there are only 2 teams in premier league history to have conceded more than us through set pieces

silva at hull

and silva at Watford

HAHAHAHAHHAHA boss that

LET THIS SINK IN

hes defo the right choice.

whilst the overall defence might be better in open play, it doesn't matter as we counter that by being a shambles defending set plays

that's like saying we have a midfield that are amazing at creating chances but have a striker who cannot finish, you need a balance of both?

again I'm not backing your point, because you said Martinez got lucky in his first season, he didn't he done well with the team he had, if he was terrible he would have somehow cocked up the defence in the first season and we would have conceded a load,

his downfall was not replacing players that needed replacing
So why can't Silva be allowed to do this? Do you think he's not capable as I see the new signings this season as the only plus point.

The context was that Silva has spent vastly more than Martinez, the facts say otherwise, Moyes spent 16m over 10 years, so dont even compare him to these 2 jokers.

silva has spent more than double so far.. if we spend nowt this summer, your point stands

Every bad spell is 'relegation form' if it continues. I don't expect it to continue until the end of the season although I don't think we will have a run of form that sees us make much progress up the table. I reckon we will finish any where between 9th and 14th, and this is hugely disappointing but should not be quite as surprising as it feels. I think it is hard to overstate the complete disarray of a squad Silva inherited and you simply don't sort that out in one window. The summer will require another batch of offloads that will not be easy with the wages they are on and some more quality additions. That would get us back to being 7/8 as a minimum but will take another season again to be competing for top 6 sadly.
Another season before competing for top 6.? Be a damn sight longer than that. Believe me ! Money won,t be there for quality players, not with plans for the stadium.

Something has to change
Maybe Brands should get him to bring in a dedicated defensive coach as its plain we're getting exploited every week.
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is just madness.

Martinez had nowhere the amount of money Silva had to. Spend. The money he had went on Lukaku , so unable to build on an aging defence

Our defensive frailties are down to simply tactics
Nah he just bought poorly. Funes Mori was bought for relatively big money at the time, but he was absolutely not the answer. The defence wasn't really aging either, Jagielka, Heitinga, and Baines were still in their 20s when he took over, Stones was about 20, Coleman 24, Oviedo 23. Silva took over with Baines and Jagielka now 5 years older, Coleman 30 and coming off a serious injury, and Williams in his mid 30s. If anyone took over an aging defence it's Silva.

Get his ass out the door. Watford will hopefully be the final humiliation. It'll hopefully be like when Moyes returned to Goodison and was swiftly sacked after losing to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.