• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but in the context of the game our position doesn't matter to much because were not finishing anywhere other than mid table, if this game meant something to everton then NO ONE would want city to wim

As i have previously said, as an Evertonian, i want us to win every game we play.

If i ever ever think that our position doesn't matter , then its time to pack it in.

Coaches should be here on ability not because they played here. I'm all for old boys coming back but only if they are qualified and good enough.
Agree.
Which is why we should be looking at bringing in Arteta as no.2 with the possibility of succession.
I'm not sure whether Top Cat's got his licences yet, but he has talked about doing them.
And Seamus you would hope is thinking along the same lines.

We need some soul brought back into the club. And reckon this might be one of the ways.
Whether it works or not is another thing.
But better to have tried and failed than not try at all.

There are not better or worse fans. We are all fans , we all want what is best for our club.

We may have different opinions but we all support a club that has lived in the doldrums for far to long.

I want what is best for Everton Football Club, nobody else.

Poser for you .

Last game of the season Us v City at Goodison.

City need 3 points to beat RS to the title, draw no good, if City do not get 3 points RS win the league.

If we lose , we go down. Draw no good.

Would you take us finishing with 3 points less in that scenario?

I'm sure every Evertonian would want Everton to win in that situation - however that's not what the situation was last night was it.

Everton last night had nothing to gain from winning last night apart from wiping the smug smirks off our neighbours pock riddled faces, which makes the loss completely and totally acceptable.

I agree, it does have a place, people who 'get' the club but it has to be balanced, we need excellent coaches not just morale boosters.
no Everton player in close to a generation (25 years) has won anything. In the last 10 years our teams have been largely populated by bottlers. Disappointment is the hugely predominant sentiment experienced by the club's supporters. Ipso facto of this, the club's unofficial motto has become 'Everton that' .(The club's official motto, NSNO is smirk-worthy parody).
Against such backdrop, it's difficult to champion the credentials of any recent Everton players as regards their being appointed to coaching the next generation of players.

Not saying Seamus is the answer.
But him being involved more off the pitch is not a bad thing in theory. Its something you try and see whether it works for both parties.
It depends as much as whose bringing him on behind the scenes, how its organised, as much as the qualities he offers.

I don't think its a bad thing that people who understand and know the club, given the state we are in should be involved.
It may or may not work. And wouldn't dare suggest Baines or Jags.
In the three mentioned we are not going to lose out by trying -imo.

We need guarantees though for all of our next appointments if we want to taste success. If we can't guarantee success for need the nearest to it. I don't think allowing another 2 former players and 1 current to blood themselves in as coaches at the club will bring that success we have craved for over 24 years. So unfortunately I think us as fans and the club would potentially lose if we allowed this to happen.

There are not better or worse fans. We are all fans , we all want what is best for our club.

We may have different opinions but we all support a club that has lived in the doldrums for far to long.

Poser for you .

City need 3 points to beat RS to the title, draw no good, if City do not get 3 points RS win the league.

It's a completely different scenario though, if we were anywhere near competitive and chasing a champions league place I'd want the 3 points, if we were threatened with relegation I'd want the 3 points. As it stands though we have nothing to play for this season, maybe an outside chance of Europa but I very much doubt it, so in the grand scheme of things 3 points dropped against City at this moment in time is fairly meaningless.

It's a completely different scenario though, if we were anywhere near competitive and chasing a champions league place I'd want the 3 points, if we were threatened with relegation I'd want the 3 points. As it stands though we have nothing to play for this season, maybe an outside chance of Europa but I very much doubt it, so in the grand scheme of things 3 points dropped against City at this moment in time is fairly meaningless.

Im sorry but your post said you would happily finish 3 points worse off, if it stopped them winning the title.

You did not say "depending on the situation"

I have said, regardless of how it affects other clubs, i want 3 points from every game we play. Every game.

My clubs position, my clubs results matter more to me than any other club. Regardless of scenario's.

To gain more experience working under a different coach, different set up (not under Silva obviously)
By doing this you get to work out more what your own approach is.
And he'd get more of chance of getting the job at Everton.
Leaving one of the best teams in the world and one of the most highly regarded coaches in the world to take a big step down and become a number 2 at a mid table club with a yet unnamed manager.
Interesting...

Poser for you .

you have framed a scenario that would find no Evertonian not desperate for the 3 points.
But last nights game was not similarly framed. I find it totally understandable that Evertonians would not be much bothered by losing to City...City's gain negatively impacts Liverpool...and that is a very good thing. As it affects Everton directly, it was a big 'meh'...we are mid-table dross...sad, but true.

Agree.
Which is why we should be looking at bringing in Arteta as no.2 with the possibility of succession.
I'm not sure whether Top Cat's got his licences yet, but he has talked about doing them.
And Seamus you would hope is thinking along the same lines.

We need some soul brought back into the club. And reckon this might be one of the ways.
Whether it works or not is another thing.
But better to have tried and failed than not try at all.
Why on earth would arteta come in as number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.