2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite obvious he doesn’t get along with seamus, the Irishman is slaughtering him the whole game. Maybe try him as a second striker pulling on the last defender and put a few over the top for him. Just a last chance for him, it may invigorate him getting him away from seamus.

I honestly don't think he was that bad earlier in the season, he wasn't great but he was a functional part of the team. If anything he just missed a few too many chances, but he was one of the only ones actually getting them (again on Saturday he had our best chance, almost as if his movement and anticipation is better than the others) but he's been poor since Christmas. Some of the criticism of him is harsh still I think, he was poor on Saturday but he was better than Lookman once he came on. He's the new great hope though, so we can't criticise him for another 9 months or so, til he turns 22 and it becomes open season.

He has played in the middle as a striker and I think prefers that role. I would be interested in seeing him at least get a chance there as playing out wide is not working for him.
Only problem I can see with that is, unfortunately he couldn’t hit a barn door , and apart from this he may be a fab striker!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.