• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez had us in the top 8 first season? no idea what your talking about.
Oh so you mean he's the first manager who hasn't had a top 8 finish since Smith, not we don't look like a top 8 side for the first time since Smith (which is what you said). I see now. Well in that case I take it back, you're being completely fair. The fact he hasn't already finished in the top 8 after 25 games is a disgrace.

Hahaha, you're joking aren't you?! We were 13th and falling when Martinez left, having won 1 of our last 10 games and not having been in the top 8 since November. There's enough to be actually concerned about without just chatting rubbish to make it sound worse.

the table and form guide doesn't lie so you'r right on that.

albeit RM had chronic budget to work with.

They were in the CL in 10-11 when they beat the holders Inter Milan, they also finished in the top 4 the season after but Chelsea won the CL that season which demoted them to the EL. They also missed out on the CL on the last day of the season under Martin Jol when they got food poisoning and Arsenal pipped them to the 4th place trophy
And yet amazingly you dont know what ourrecord is like against the top 6

Oh so you mean he's the first manager who hasn't had a top 8 finish since Smith, not we don't look like a top 8 side for the first time since Smith (which is what you said). I see now. Well in that case I take it back, you're being completely fair. The fact he hasn't already finished in the top 8 after 25 games is a disgrace.
We didnt sack Sam for this, you can apologise for him all you like

We didnt sack Sam for this, you can apologise for him all you like
I'm not apologising for him. I've just said, there's plenty to be concerned about, but just making stuff up doesn't help the situation and that's what you're doing. He has a different remit to Allardyce though, that's clear, so comparisons aren't as clear cut as you're making out. Allardyce filled his team with experience and bought players for short term gain. It appears that Silva has been told to use Davies, Lookman, DCL, Kenny etc and has been given a remit to improve us in the long term. I have no idea whether he'll manage to do that, but I do know that planning for long term success won't always lead to better results in the short term.

No chance. Based on he never relegates a PL club and based on the trend of the 24 (25 if you include the West Ham) games. He is able to beat dross sides at home which is a massive problem this season.
People get carried away on Sam because they dont like him, which is fine as he isnt a likable person, but for me all I care about is Everton results.

Again, what is his terrible defensive record? I get the set piece issues. But this team is a massive improvement over last years in terms of conceding goals from open play.

You mean by which manager? Koeman or Unsworth or BFS?

BFS conceded 27 goals in 24 games actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.