• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see. Moshiri ignoring fan hysteria. Silva ain’t going anywhere when we are in no danger of relegation. How about we actually get behind the manager and let him weed out the rotten apples in the playing squad.

How can people get behind him when he is serving defeat after defeat and abject performance after abject performance.

This whole thing is a 2 way street, however we have more invested in Everton than Marco or indeed any of the current players, we won't stand byand watch it go down the swanny.

It won't take much to get fans onside, start being consistent and show us a gameplan and some sort of direction, at the moment we appear rudderless. It happens to every manager at every club on runs like this, not nice but it's football.

Its rinse and repeat and a core contributory to our struggles mate, sooner or later we have to stick and endure. I actually think Silva isnt the issue, its the legacy of the squad, with little wiggle room and players who simply have limited character, who we will struggle to blend as a team.

The job of work isnt game to game and coaching these players, its going to be from season to season and re-calibrating this squad. i believe poor results and or frustrating performances may be the medicine we need to take in the interim. The only time i would sack this manager would be if relegation was looking a distinct possibility.

I actually believe over all we put to much importance on the role of a manager. I believe Pep or any other big name would struggle here at the moment. Its silk purse and sows ear stuff.
I agree we need stability but regardless of the issues with the current set of players, if his teams can't do the basic defensive jobs then will we ever progress? Can he adapt and change? Will he be more tactically flexible? Who is his defensive coach? He needs to answer all of these questions if he ever hopes to move is forward.

Good to see. Moshiri ignoring fan hysteria. Silva ain’t going anywhere when we are in no danger of relegation. How about we actually get behind the manager and let him weed out the rotten apples in the playing squad.

Those stats at hull watford and now Everton of teams that have scored against his sides from set peices is very alarming though. Surely he's seen enough to know what he's setting his sides to do doesnt work.
All for planning. But what if you're planning with an absolute dud.

Those stats at hull watford and now Everton of teams that have scored against his sides from set peices is very alarming though. Surely he's seen enough to know what he's setting his sides to do doesnt work.
All for planning. But what if you're planning with an absolute dud.
And what if you're not.

Like anything, it comes down to a judgement call I suppose; whether Moshiri and Brands think he's got what it takes or not. I think the key point from what Moshiri said is that it's a long term view he's implementing, which means that things like the set piece issue aren't necessarily as pressing as you suggest. It's quite possible that we're using this season as a learning curve to try to implement ideas which will bear fruit in the long run. If everybody gets used to the way we're setting up and what is expected of them then maybe there'll be a huge improvement next year.

Hope we give him till the end of the season at least.

I remember a certain David Moyes finishing 17th, and then 4th the following year. Also remember reading the likes of Gordon Strachan's names as his replacement after that 17th placed finish. I reckon we're fairly happy Bill showed some patience now aren't we. I know its crap at the moment and we have crumbled since the Anfield derby, but we can't sustain this constant hiring and firing of managers.

And what if you're not.

Like anything, it comes down to a judgement call I suppose; whether Moshiri and Brands think he's got what it takes or not. I think the key point from what Moshiri said is that it's a long term view he's implementing, which means that things like the set piece issue aren't necessarily as pressing as you suggest. It's quite possible that we're using this season as a learning curve to try to implement ideas which will bear fruit in the long run. If everybody gets used to the way we're setting up and what is expected of them then maybe there'll be a huge improvement next year.

Well the what if you are and what if you're not right now looks a bit like we are.
We look like conceding every time the ball comes into our box.
First things first then silva. Change it and show you can address it.

All this hysteria comes after Silva had to field a side with Tom Davies, an injured Baines, and without Geuye who was camped in Paris for a move to PSG.

Deep breaths, lads. Give it some context.
He has had 29 games, not just one..... yeah lets give it some context, he has come in, added what we consider to be our best players, spent a lot of money and has got a worse win % then Martinez, Koeman and Fat Sam and for the first time since Smith has us looking nothing like a top 8 side

He has had 29 games, not just one..... yeah lets give it some context, he has come in, added what we consider to be our best players, spent a lot of money and has got a worse win % then Martinez, Koeman and Fat Sam and for the first time since Smith has us looking nothing like a top 8 side
Hahaha, you're joking aren't you?! We were 13th and falling when Martinez left, having won 1 of our last 10 games and not having been in the top 8 since November. There's enough to be actually concerned about without just chatting rubbish to make it sound worse.

He's had 29 games?? Everton sit 9th. Loosen ye undies

Hahaha, you're joking aren't you?! We were 13th and falling when Martinez left, having won 1 of our last 10 games and not having been in the top 8 since November. There's enough to be actually concerned about without just chatting rubbish to make it sound worse.
Martinez had us in the top 8 first season? no idea what your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.