• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why did he sign those players? Because he had no money to buy better.

Alcaraz - free
McGeady - 2m
Niasse - 13m
Galloway - can't remember but it was buttons
Kone - 6m
Robles - 2.5m
McCarthy - 13.5m?
Traore - loan
Tarasaj - 3m

Koeman got a huge budget and signed

Schneiderlin - 20m
Bolasie - 28m
Keane - 25m
Klaassen - 24m
Rooney - 10m
Pickford - 30m

Allardyce signed
Tosun - 28m
Walcott - 20m

Huge differences. The only time Martinez was given a considerable sum for one player he bought Lukaku for 28m.

Oh how we could have done with that acumen during the Koeman and Allardyce days.

Heck I forgot about Schneiderlin when I was compiling my list.

The mother of all big money flops :(

Isn't that what most managers do, though?

Mourinho didn't change tactics at united. Pretty sure klopp and guardiola play the same formation/tactics week in, week out. Its a myth that you need to keep changing things. Just get better players.
Don't really see your point.....Mourinho lost his job as he played the same tactics and Klopp and Pep are winning mostly every week so why would they change? If something is not working, i.e how we approach defending set pieces then it needs changing. And dont want to even start on the 4-2-3-1 formation that we play regardless of who we are playing.

Was there on Saturday and the formation didnt look any different to any of the other games. Wolves play a back five and have been caused problems this season by teams that have played 2 up top against them, so what do we do........play into there hands by playing the same tactics we have played all season.

We are 8th aren't we? A place below where we expected to be come the end of the season.

DISASTER*

*or not.
That’s not really the issue though is it.

It’s that, despite being decent players on paper (which they are), they have absolutely no resilience. The goals scored against us are nearly always due to individual errors. Heads drop. And we completely bottle it.

We are always one mistake from capitulation.

That’s the thing that needs to change for me.

We need to sign players who can drag us out of a rut when we are in one.

I think having a Roy Keane on the pitch/in the dressing room would improve us no end.

Be interested to know what the real story was with Silva coming to Everton.
Was Everton chasing Silva or was Silva chasing Everton?

Was there on Saturday and the formation didnt look any different to any of the other games. Wolves play a back five and have been caused problems this season by teams that have played 2 up top against them, so what do we do........play into there hands by playing the same tactics we have played all season.
Sigurdsson playing 30 yards behind from where he is normally playing is a pretty big change.

Something has to change. Either the manager is responsible for setting up the team badly (in which case Silva should go) or we really do put 11 donkeys on the pitch every game.

There is some decent talent in our squad so the buck stops with Silva. Whatever is going wrong, it is down to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.