Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you consider a manager who has won the Champions League and reached 2 Finals of that competition. Won the Europa League. Can organise a defence and build a solid unit making it difficult to beat and still attract quality players?
Just wondering
1) Call me bitter but the Liverpool connection is an instant strikeout for me.

2) He has done absolutely nothing of note recently anyway and a certain Portuguese manager and others like LVG have shown that past successes mean F all in the current climate.

3) Attracting quality players? lol Like who Almiron? Muto? Rondon?

4) He's a tedious Gimp

Imagine if we hadn’t we would have been without Martinez Koeman and Silva, we have professional football minds and we grab the low hanging fruit anyone could hire. We want a top six club but every action we take is a mid tier mentality. The same thing happens if we target a manager like Howe
Who could we have had instead of them mate? The likes of Simeone and Conte wouldn’t touch a footballing backwater like us.

Wouldn’t be against that at all. His style of football wouldn’t go down with the dars, but I think he’d be one of the very few if not the only “proven” manager who would consider us
he is exactly what this club needs. proven winner in several leagues, an authoritarian.. someone who would shake the club right up.

he would weed out the losers and hangers on and make sure the club was running right again.

he actually fared ok at united.. winning the FA Cup.. the expectations at united are huge compared to us.

we would just want to compete with the top 6 , that is all, plus a cup run. he would be ideal for us

spurs wanted him before he went to united and they landed on poch as second choice

Would you consider a manager who has won the Champions League and reached 2 Finals of that competition. Won the Europa League. Can organise a defence and build a solid unit making it difficult to beat and still attract quality players?
Just wondering
Rafael is a very good manager but some can't see past his small club comment, however when you look at the list of managers we have had since then he had a point

1) Call me bitter but the Liverpool connection is an instant strikeout for me.

2) He has done absolutely nothing of note recently anyway and a certain Portuguese manager and others like LVG have shown that past successes mean F all in the current climate.

3) Attracting quality players? lol Like who Almiron? Muto? Rondon?

4) He's a tedious Gimp
'Attracting quality players' like Almiron Muto Rondin?
Dont be silly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.