• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t relegated due to being trigger happy. The squad gradually eroded after their initial success in the French market. They brought in McClaren to turn it around, but it was too far gone, they underinvested and he was sacked for Rafael. Rafael has done quite a solid job for them.

Before that Ashley had a big splurge, it didn’t work out and they ended up getting relegated. The irony is he has found more success in not spending and selling on the better players than he did when he tried to spend big.

Sacked Big Sam for Keegan. Sacked Keegan. Joe Kinnear. Relegated. Alan Pardew. French Revolution. Sacked Pardew. Steve McLaren. Relegated.

He employed awful managers and sacked them within 2 seasons. Funny thing is...they probably wouldn't have got relegated with Big Sam.

So he is to blame for being trigger happy. And also for employing awful managers

I'm utterly disillusioned to be honest. I don't have faith in anyone. Not the players. Not the manager. Not the owner. Not the board.

The football is disgraceful. The results are embarassing. The effort isn't acceptable. The money wasted is actually a bit sad in perspective.

No one should be happy. No one should tolerate this. But we are so far beyond the point of no return where I doubt anything can be done to sort us out. We are a toxic club right now. A poisoned chalice. Bordering on a basket case.

Got to be honest, I don't understand how this relates to what I said in any way?

This has been happening under 4 different managers now. Unless you think they are all telling our players to not make space for a pass and to make sure all our attacks are stilted so that the opposition can get numbers back? The tactic is committing stupid fouls is an odd one to adopt as well.

Our players lack any common sense. I don't see how this is debatable. Wrong decisions being made all over the park over and over again for years now.
They played much more solidly under Sam and cut out a lot of the errors. A good manager can evaluate his squad and play in a way that gets the best out of them.

Bobby - Was too wedded to a certain style.
Koeman - Just seemed like a lazy fecker who could not be bothered in the second season. Was only here for the dough and did not see us as a long term project, just a stepping stone.
Sam - Solidified the team. His style is horrendous.
Silva - Just seems like a less intelligent version of Roberto.

The only manager who I have a decent memory of who seemed to marry pragmatism, squad building and was forward thinking in terms of the clubs structure was Moyes.

I admit I was not around for the glory days, so I will let others chip in on that.

That's just lack of imagination. You don't need that definition of 'top' managers. You just need to be clever. Southampton got Hassenhuttel while in the relegation zone.
We need stability and to do that you need a manager who would bring fight and a clear plan not another shot in the dark who won the Greek 4th division.

"We cant keep sacking managers , sends a bad message out "
Sick of hearing this.

Our aspiration is to break into the top 6 , if not make moves to be close to it.

Thats 4 wins in 14 now , can you tell me would any top 6 side put up with that.

Thats 15 goals from set piece's.

What would any top 6 club do ?

We all know it , Silva would be sacked.

Do it now Everton or you are sending the message out that we are content with this or do you want better.

Grow some balls , Mosh/ Brands/ Bill or
whoever.....This is not good enough.

Also sick of hearing managers to be sacked left right and centre. We've had 4 different managers the last 4 seasons, has that made us closer to the top 6? No.

Sacked Big Sam for Keegan. Sacked Keegan. Joe Kinnear. Relegated. Alan Pardew. French Revolution. Sacked Pardew. Steve McLaren. Relegated.

He employed awful managers and sacked them within 2 seasons. Funny thing is...they probably wouldn't have got relegated with Big Sam.

So he is to blame for being trigger happy. And also for employing awful managers
Who wouldn’t sack Big Sam - he was the old regime’s appointment. He then appointed Keegan for the fans, but his inexperience at the time shows in how he undermined Keegan. Kinnear was not meant to be the manager either remember.
They got relegated, then Houghton got them up, who was then fired as they wanted a more proven manager, which I think was a mistake.

After that they have done alright, despite the fan despising the regime for all that had happened before. They are never going to be a great shakes, but Ashley more or less just let’s the managers get on with it. He has also been trying to sell the club as he doesn’t want the hassle any more, but he has never flung in the towel like the guy at Sunderland, who just let that team implode.

They played much more solidly under Sam and cut out a lot of the errors. A good manager can evaluate his squad and play in a way that gets the best out of them.

Koeman - Just seemed like a lazy fecker who could not be bothered in the second season. Was only here for the dough and did not see us as a long term project, just a stepping stone.

The only manager who I have a decent memory of who seemed to marry pragmatism, squad building and was forward thinking in terms of the clubs structure was Moyes.

I admit I was not around for the glory days, so I will let others chip in on that.

Will take him now instead of Silva.

I agree with this but it still doesn't really relate to what I said?

To me the managers have all served up similar levels of dross. Martinez was a breath of fresh air first season. Then the players seemingly couldn't think for themselves. You instances of limited footballers keeping hold of the ball for too long because it was Martinez's "philosophy". A good intelligent footballer should know when to keep it and when to get rid regardless of anything else. They should also know how to defence a set piece, you get taught that in school.

Moyes is a loser. He was a loser with a plan though I suppose.

Through all the managers since Moyes we have suffered through shocking decision making on the pitch. Basic stuff in a lot of cases. Everyone says we need a leader, and we do because leaders usually have some form of intelligence to them. Right now its like we make the same mistakes but nobody bothers to rectify them.

I just can't see it. They have far too much movement in their team with the pace of the wingers , it will rip us open with ease.

We aren't going to sit back against them because Silva doesn't do that, so we are relying on bossing the midfield and countering with I would imagine Calvert lewen richarldson and Walcott as the attack.

I just can't see that happening against the second best team in the league right now.
sorry mate...Best team in the league right now....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.