• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I guess the problem I have with that is that we were the WORST team in the entire league in goals conceded in open play. We were top 10 coming into this game, there has been clear improvement on the defensive end, in structure as well.

But the team we played today, I mean COME ON. A central midfield of Gomes and Tom Davies isn't acceptable, especially when we are already mediocre at CB. Walcott? Baines? Leighton freakin' Baines? Cenk Tosun? How many legit top 10 side PL players did we have on the pitch today? Not that many. Now you put Bernard and Gana in there and it's a bit different. Digne is a good player, he's a massive upgrade over Baines.

But we've still got massive holes that will take another couple windows to fix.
But he doesn’t even use his squad. How come James MCCarthy can’t even get a run out to see how he does?

Yeah, but since Moyes we’ve had 4 managers and 1 caretaker. Cannot see any difference, other than Ashley can at least make his club self-sustaining. Moshiri is just racking up massive debt, which he will be putting on the club.

People seem to think that billionaires want to flush all their money down the toilet at football clubs. I do not see Moshiri as that kind of owner. I think he will be wanting to make money from his investment.

What we need is a good manager who can stick to a budget, build a unified squad and overperform relative to his budget. We certainly have none of that at the moment.

Difference is, Ashley hasn't spent a penny and has been trigger happy with managers resulting in relegation.

So there's more evidence to stick with the manager until he falls on his own sword rather than anything else

Really - you can take have an informed view without knowledge or experience of football? Would you trust a 'doctor' with no medical training or experience to reverse your frontal lobotomy?
Do you really think football is complex? Half of them can only spell their name because it is on their shirt. If the 'professionals' knew something special then why are most teams not very good?

Yes a truly glorious year, can't wait for the DVD on how we were about a point better off.

You can’t have it both ways, either we’d regressed in December when you were banging on about this time last season and we’ve therefore now improved, or it was actually no different in the first place and comparing season to season is pointless. Pick one.

Our next 4 games:

Man City H
Watford A
Cardiff A
Liverpool H

Realistically he should be gone after Watford who will beat us at their place and likely make it 3 straight defeats on the bounce.

We should sack him then, let the interim beat Cardiff away and have Goodison rocking in time for the Derby.

But the shithouse board will more likely keep him on and let the RS maul us infront of the home fans before having the guts to pull the trigger.

I hate everyone associated with this club, from owner, chairman to manager.

Put it this way, he will probably want to go Dutch. But I honestly do not think Dutch coaches of the current crop are any good. The last top class ones were Advocaat, Van Gaal and Hiddink.

van gaal could be worth a shout.. hed come in and sort the mess out that is for sure

has worked with brands before and is a WINNER

£100+ million for a whole point...

oooosh

For me, this season is much worse.

Last season started terribly so at least by this stage things were still grim, but we're looking up and at least we knew Allardyce wouldn't last the summer.

Feels worse now cos the season started ok and has descended into a horror show. @mikeh72

Difference is, Ashley hasn't spent a penny and has been trigger happy with managers resulting in relegation.

So there's more evidence to stick with the manager until he falls on his own sword rather than anything else
He wasn’t relegated due to being trigger happy. The squad gradually eroded after their initial success in the French market. They brought in McClaren to turn it around, but it was too far gone, they underinvested and he was sacked for Rafael. Rafael has done quite a solid job for them.

Before that Ashley had a big splurge, it didn’t work out and they ended up getting relegated. The irony is he has found more success in not spending and selling on the better players than he did when he tried to spend big.

Utter nonsense. It all comes down to coaching and the style of play they are being told to play under. What happens if a player makes a “great run” he ends up out of position and because of that a goal is conceded - he gets all the blame. It is not a schoolboy match where the players can just go out there and enjoy themselves. All of the players have roles they have to carry out.

Got to be honest, I don't understand how this relates to what I said in any way?

This has been happening under 4 different managers now. Unless you think they are all telling our players to not make space for a pass and to make sure all our attacks are stilted so that the opposition can get numbers back? The tactic is committing stupid fouls is an odd one to adopt as well.

Our players lack any common sense. I don't see how this is debatable. Wrong decisions being made all over the park over and over again for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.