2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had his best game for us in a while tonight and played in a proper front 3.

There's no reason we now can't consistently play 3 forwards, whether in a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3. Bin 4-2-3-1 off for good, please.

If Gana goes it will make it easier....if Sigurdsson goes in summer Brands and Silva can rebuild the whole centre.

Its exciting...i want to see how Silva does with his own team.

Joint 5th in the prem for goals.

Had those two gone in (post and off the line) hed be 4th.

For a 21 year old out of position thats pretty good!

Still think hes an inside forward myself, looking forward to seeing him on the left in a 433.

100%

Spot on...10 goals with 14 to play in the prem...thats a great hit rate.

433 him on the left i think he'll be flying.

Hes not a flying winger though?

The fact he scores goals and the opposition are scared of him should be fine and for a 21 year old the fact hes scoring is a massive bonus.

We just need to build the rest of the team now

There's so much room for improvement in his all round game because he's obviously got the talent. The goals are great and I acknowledged that but there's no way I can say he's fine and it's the rest of the team who need to improve. Richarlison himself has got to get better, if he's still playing like this in 4 years time then he's not done enough with his ability.

There's so much room for improvement in his all round game because he's obviously got the talent. The goals are great and I acknowledged that but there's no way I can say he's fine and it's the rest of the team who need to improve. Richarlison himself has got to get better, if he's still playing like this in 4 years time then he's not done enough with his ability.

Of course but he needs a defined 433 formation and a left inside forward role...Digne left back...Pickford in goal and rebuild the rest.

Doesn’t do enough for me. Our moves break down so often once he gets involved. Never seems to take on and beat a man either, usually just runs straight into them.

Doesn’t do enough for me. Our moves break down so often once he gets involved. Never seems to take on and beat a man either, usually just runs straight into them.
Near the end when it was him on his own. I was backing him to at least get a shot away.

Just ran into their defender. Subbed straight after that though so it was probably more tiredness than a lack of ability

The amount of times he is one on one with a defender and gets robbed is incredible. I cannot remember the last time he really skinned someone and and got a decent cross/pass off. If he hadn't have scored I would barely have noticed him playing for about the last 7 games other than petulant dives.

If Gana goes it will make it easier....if Sigurdsson goes in summer Brands and Silva can rebuild the whole centre.

Its exciting...i want to see how Silva does with his own team.

Brands likes Gylfi, btw.

Gana could play in a 4-3-3 and likely will be in Paris, that's the thing.

I'm frustrated it hasn't been tried sooner.

The amount of times he is one on one with a defender and gets robbed is incredible. I cannot remember the last time he really skinned someone and and got a decent cross/pass off. If he hadn't have scored I would barely have noticed him playing for about the last 7 games other than petulant dives.

He did it last night. Got down on the left and put a good ball in that Tosun just missed.

But that isn't really his game - he's not a natural winger at all.

He also did one run last night where he had two players on him and got through them both.

He's 21 and has as many Premier League goals as Arjen Robben got.

He's not doing bad.

Can definitely be better but he's played between two positions this season that aren't really his own, and on the whole done well.

Last night he played in a proper front three for pretty much the first time all season and looked the part.

He's 21 and has as many Premier League goals as Arjen Robben got.

He's not doing bad.

Can definitely be better but he's played between two positions this season that aren't really his own, and on the whole done well.

Last night he played in a proper front three for pretty much the first time all season and looked the part.

To be honest, I am lost as to how he has so many goals cos his all round play does not allude to someone who is capable.It has been a long time since he did anything that made me take note, other than score annoyingly.

To be honest, I am lost as to how he has so many goals cos his all round play does not allude to someone who is capable.It has been a long time since he did anything that made me take note, other than score annoyingly.

He's a forward, his job is to score goals and create chances. He does that.

I don't get this obsession we as a fanbase seem to have on the whole of players having to do 'everything' on the pitch to impress. It baffles me.

As a striker, when he was in form, he was dragging defenders everywhere and stretching them, opening up space for Gylfi, Walcott, Bernard etc during that half-decent run we had.

He usually gets one or two chances in a game and he'll take one of them. His record this season is 1 in 2 in the league.

We need a consistent way of getting more out of all of our attacking players, and it's not to say they can't all be better - they can be and should be - but he's an excellent prospect.

"Doesn't do enough"

Leading goalscorer at the club at 21 tho

"He slows down play"

Out of position but still slots 1 in 2

Where have I seen this argument before?

Status
Not open for further replies.