2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

Kings article tonight in fact says he wont be sold. But this will run to the deadline. I hope we get a good fee that allows us to sell. Keeping unhappy players who are getting on a bit is not a sustainable business or football strategy.

On the face of it, it's good business if we get £30m. I wouldn't sell him though, because IMO we need another midfielder as it is on top of Gana and Gomes, not to replace one of them in the squad.

I'd rather sell McCarthy, Schneiderlin and Davies first, thank you very much.

But, I understand the thinking behind getting a big fee for a 29 yr old. I just don't like the risk of doing it in the middle of the season with no adequate replacement coming in, and leaving us in an even worse position in a key area of the pitch that we're already struggling in. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, though.

Mate, Sky do it ALL of the time.

They wrote an article yesterday with the headline that Spalletti had said the Perisic bid had been rejected. The quotes in the article were nothing to do with that, and there was no actual mention of any bid being rejected in the article.

Sky wrote an article last night saying the bid had been rejected. In this latest article, they've even flipped on that, saying 'it's expected to be rejected', even though Silva has confirmed it's rejected and so have other more reliable Everton journalists.

That's not to say Gana hasn't asked to leave. Not to say that PSG won't come back in and not to say he won't leave. I just get sick of Everton fans - and they're already doing it now, btw, with some tagging him on Twitter telling him to 'f off' etc - jumping the gun as soon as they see one thing. Never learn our lessons.

I fully respect your opinion mate.

I totally agree with you on the knee jerk mentality thing as well.

For me there is a bit context here, we have an acknowledged bid for the player, the player wanting to move from Everton to PSG would hardly stagger anyone or that jump being anything other then logical, unsurprising and probably what we all thought anyway.

On the face of it, it's good business if we get £30m. I wouldn't sell him though, because IMO we need another midfielder as it is on top of Gana and Gomes, not to replace one of them in the squad.

I'd rather sell McCarthy, Schneiderlin and Davies first, thank you very much.

But, I understand the thinking behind getting a big fee for a 29 yr old. I just don't like the risk of doing it in the middle of the season with no adequate replacement coming in, and leaving us in an even worse position in a key area of the pitch that we're already struggling in. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, though.

Our season is over. Now is the right time to sell for the right fee and target young and technically proficient replacements.

No one will be offering 30m for those other players. They are of no value to us.

Just imagine this: Schneiderlin has a run of good games (I know it's hard to imagine but try), and then some midtier delusional team will think he's a good player and buy him. If he doesn't play he'll just collect the 120k a week for the remainder of his contract.
They bid 60m for Allan. I would be wanting 30-35m[/QUOT
Just imagine this: Schneiderlin has a run of good games (I know it's hard to imagine but try), and then some midtier delusional team will think he's a good player and buy him. If he doesn't play he'll just collect the 120k a week for the remainder of his contract.
Not working for me mate

King's Mersey Beat column has just gone live and still says Gana won't be sold.

I will caveat that that will have been written this afternoon, obviously.

But yes, all it would take is for King/Joyce/Hunter/'the lads' (I'm sure they're all in a nice little group chat!) to have an official line from the club.

I like Myers, but he literally just reports what is reported by the infamous 'Sky sources'. Vinnie O'Connor is much more reliable, and he's kept quiet so far.

Myers is a ferret.

Let's Gana Gueye and get it on,
He's got that husling we want,
Just like they sing it in the throngs,
Until the dawn,
Let's Gana Gueye and get it on.

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.