If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the Belgian manager, Roberto Martinez. He has done a super job there and won the cup with Wigan. A proven winner.

Another cup winner - in Spain - and seasoned international manager we could be thinking about is Ronald Koeman.

Both have the added advantage of probably still being on the payroll.
Yeah I’ll take them two and Gravy breath as director of football.

65DA6290-7D99-4E8F-811F-CB89796FA027.jpeg

That young lad is doing a great job in Scotland , and a boyhood blue to boot, Steven Gerrard.

Failing that, I could swallow my pride enough to take Fat Rafael.

-expects incoming-
I think Gerrard is going to be a top quality boss, Rangers are my 2nd team and he has done wonders but him coming here is NEVER going to happen.

There are some people who say if you can't name a replacement then you've no right to want him gone. Fair enough. That's their opinion. I'd just have the following as a criteria for being the next Everton manager (in no particular order:

1. Has to have 3 or more seasons getting the team they manage in Europa League or fighting for a Champions League place in either England, Germany or Spain.

2 Worked with young players and improved them enough so they're first team regulars or have sold them on for a fair whack.

3. Worked with limited resourses.

4. Can set up a team that can defend whether that's from the front i.e pressing or difficult to play through.

5. Able to motivate players.

6. Has a plan B and possibly C if Plan A isn't working.

Anything else would be a bonus. A manager like that should be able to at least make us competitive even if we never reach Champions League under him he'd have laid down the foundations for the next manager. Moyes had some of the above traits hence Martinez piggybacked off his work and was successful until he decided to dismantle the defensive side in order to play attacking football.

I think Gerrard is going to be a top quality boss, Rangers are my 2nd team and he has done wonders but him coming here is NEVER going to happen.
Good I don't think I could stomach that, bloody Mr Liverpool no thanks, I could get over hiring Rafael but never Gerrard, also Wenger is still on the dole, get him in I say. He'd by my number 1 hopefully Usmonov will arrive before summer and sort out the manager mess.

If you're referring to me, he's the only person short term for me if Silva got the sack. Unsworth isn't good enough. I don't think it's logical either and I was one of his biggest critics in his latter years. The whole club is a mess from top to bottom.

I don't know who I was referring to, there are a few but it is madness. NEVER go back, look at Kendall and Jose at Chelsea. Also, he is crap, moyes I mean,unemployed for a very good reason.

Good I don't think I could stomach that, bloody Mr Liverpool no thanks, I could get over hiring Rafael but never Gerrard, also Wenger is still on the dole, get him in I say. He'd by my number 1 hopefully Usmonov will arrive before summer and sort out the manager mess.

It would actually be worthit just to see the reaction over the park, they would explode.

He would NEVER do it though.

Genuine question, why do you have a second team and why rangers

literally hate every club in world football for 1 reason or another me, even everton

My dad was from Glasgow and was a staunch Ger. I have followed them since I was old enough to understand footie for this reason. Everton is my granddads team and he took to every home game back in the early 80's to late 80's Saw some great matches.

I wouldn’t want Gerrard here either, not going to happen anyway. Wenger is too old IMO

IF we sack Silva we need a manager who is a winner. By winner, i mean a manager who has won things at the highest level and can show the player and club whats expected to reach those levels.

He's at Newcastle, out of contract in the summer and would leave that hole at a moments notice.I dont care if he managed them, best man available for the job by a mile.

There are some people who say if you can't name a replacement then you've no right to want him gone. Fair enough. That's their opinion. I'd just have the following as a criteria for being the next Everton manager (in no particular order:

1. Has to have 3 or more seasons getting the team they manage in Europa League or fighting for a Champions League place in either England, Germany or Spain.

2 Worked with young players and improved them enough so they're first team regulars or have sold them on for a fair whack.

3. Worked with limited resourses.

4. Can set up a team that can defend whether that's from the front i.e pressing or difficult to play through.

5. Able to motivate players.

6. Has a plan B and possibly C if Plan A isn't working.

Anything else would be a bonus. A manager like that should be able to at least make us competitive even if we never reach Champions League under him he'd have laid down the foundations for the next manager. Moyes had some of the above traits hence Martinez piggybacked off his work and was successful until he decided to dismantle the defensive side in order to play attacking football.

I think Poch is off to United mate.

A manager who can do attack and defence would be nice and one who won't crumble when our arl arses start whinging and booing. Need big stones for this job, it's not for the feint hearted.

How about another jobs for the 'Old Boys' mishmash. Lets go with a 5 man strong team of Unsworth, Stubbs, Weir , Ferguson and Royle. Be best if we had Royle standing in the dugout with his arms crossed and Stubbs and Weir sat with notepads.

Status
Not open for further replies.