If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an experienced manager mate, someone who has got pedigree over a number of years. Nuno is doing well up to now in the prem, but he would just be another manager we would be taking a gamble on.
Nuno is already looking a far better manager then Silva ever has, however why would he come here? It's a sideways step for him at best, we got no chance.
Arteta for me

Because to use them to counter argue you about saying Benítez and Moyes are mediocre and you kind of rate Silva above them?
They are mediocre yes. So is silva.. No point replacing him with them. They are has beens. Why replace a mediocre manager with a mediocre manager especially one who never won a tin pot in his career and flopped in his last 4 jobs.

Marcelo Gallardo would be a credible candidate. Not without risk but then again nobody falls into a risk free category.

I am struggling to think of anybody else.

whys this ??

its ,like Daniel levy taking charge of spurs when poch goes united.

sooo dumb
Brands is in charge of the football side of the club and therefore should decide on the style of play. There are enough coaches at the club to help him implement that style. We have no chance of getting a first team manager that Brands wants at this stage of the season and another short term costly temporary manager would be dumb.
A correct comparison with Levy would be putting Kenwright in charge.

They are mediocre yes. So is silva.. No point replacing him with them. They are has beens. Why replace a mediocre manager with a mediocre manager especially one who never won a tin pot in his career and flopped in his last 4 jobs.

At least you admit Silva isn’t a good one. But I won’t use the term mediocre, yet, unless you consider 7th and 12th are the same. If he gets 7th in May then fair enough he can get the mediocre tag back.

Brands is in charge of the football side of the club and therefore should decide on the style of play. There are enough coaches at the club to help him implement that style. We have no chance of getting a first team manager that Brands wants at this stage of the season and another short term costly temporary manager would be dumb.
A correct comparison with Levy would be putting Kenwright in charge.
Let's do that then

Still going on about Unsworth???

Good grief man. He had his chance. It was a catastrophe and embarassing.

And no he is not doing a good job. His job is to provide players good enough for the first team. Where are these players? He had the biggest budget of any reserves manager in England and not one player has made a difference. He's doing a terrible job and should be replaced.

I'm afraid I am!

I'm not sure he had much of a chance, nobody even confirmed he was the manager! He was set up to fail and in honesty nobody did any better. I have also outlined how I think this situation would be different.

I find it hard to believe he had the biggest budget. What are you basing that on?

I'd also say, if we are using your criteria, this season we have seen Calvert Lewin, Lookman, Davies, Kenny all playing regularly in the first team having come through the reserves. This is more than most PL teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.