If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some level of realism is required with the next manager. The mess we made after sacking Koeman makes me reticent to repeat the mistake again, and I suspect the professionalism of Brands will ensure we don't make that mistake again.

I also think us pulling away from potential (rumoured) deals is a significant step for Silva. You won't give money to a manager on borrowed time. In honest Walcott and Tosun were wasted buys last January.

To me we in a nice position to the summer, which will be a better time to get a manager in if things don't get better. If we lose a couple more games I can see Brands actively speaking to targets. It feels the right way to do things as well if Silva is to go.

The one curve ball might be Unsworth. Not massively popular on here, but continues to do a good job with the 23's (who are up at the top). The pressure of him not having to desperately win points to keep us away from the relegation zone would be a big plus, plus the club could make a clear announcement he would be here to the end of the season which would mean he had a fighting chance. He'd also have a nice run of 12-14 games to make an impression. By no means is he the perfect candidate but he surprise a few.

You look at Solskiaar and what he has done at United and the immediate transformation and it's reminiscent to Unsworth's first game in charge as opposed to the 2nd spell. Maybe he gets a run at it and puts himself into a position where he's a candidate like OGS at United? We have a lot to gain but not much to lose from such an appointment.

If you were to ask me for names though, unless we see some improvements from Silva it's going to be hard to build a case for him. I really like like Setien at Betis. Took over a struggling side, finished 6th last season and is around 10th this season (they were 15th the season before he came). He's done it on a neutral net spend as well. He's also 60 so quite experienced. Biers would be another option, or possibly Garitimo (from Atalanta) would all be experienced and shown they can get a side together quite quickly.

nope.

he proved hes a winner.

won the championship which is no mean feat

and is doing very well having just come up from that league..

honest question, do we think marco silva would be capable of getting a team up from the championship??

We need an experienced manager mate, someone who has got pedigree over a number of years. Nuno is doing well up to now in the prem, but he would just be another manager we would be taking a gamble on.

Tell me again what Moyes won here?
I’m guessing from your username you didn’t have the misfortune of watching Moyes teams regularly away from home over 11-12 years and totally capitulating at any sign of pressure. Do me a favour.

He won more league games and had higher winning % than our current manager that’s for sure. He used to know how to win against average teams at home.

No one win a trophy, a cup since 1995 never mind a league title. So yea let’s compare the crappy managers we all have since the 80s. I suppose it’s good to live in the past the 80s glory days.

I think some level of realism is required with the next manager. The mess we made after sacking Koeman makes me reticent to repeat the mistake again, and I suspect the professionalism of Brands will ensure we don't make that mistake again.

I also think us pulling away from potential (rumoured) deals is a significant step for Silva. You won't give money to a manager on borrowed time. In honest Walcott and Tosun were wasted buys last January.

To me we in a nice position to the summer, which will be a better time to get a manager in if things don't get better. If we lose a couple more games I can see Brands actively speaking to targets. It feels the right way to do things as well if Silva is to go.

The one curve ball might be Unsworth. Not massively popular on here, but continues to do a good job with the 23's (who are up at the top). The pressure of him not having to desperately win points to keep us away from the relegation zone would be a big plus, plus the club could make a clear announcement he would be here to the end of the season which would mean he had a fighting chance. He'd also have a nice run of 12-14 games to make an impression. By no means is he the perfect candidate but he surprise a few.

You look at Solskiaar and what he has done at United and the immediate transformation and it's reminiscent to Unsworth's first game in charge as opposed to the 2nd spell. Maybe he gets a run at it and puts himself into a position where he's a candidate like OGS at United? We have a lot to gain but not much to lose from such an appointment.

If you were to ask me for names though, unless we see some improvements from Silva it's going to be hard to build a case for him. I really like like Setien at Betis. Took over a struggling side, finished 6th last season and is around 10th this season (they were 15th the season before he came). He's done it on a neutral net spend as well. He's also 60 so quite experienced. Biers would be another option, or possibly Garitimo (from Atalanta) would all be experienced and shown they can get a side together quite quickly.

Still going on about Unsworth???

Good grief man. He had his chance. It was a catastrophe and embarassing.

And no he is not doing a good job. His job is to provide players good enough for the first team. Where are these players? He had the biggest budget of any reserves manager in England and not one player has made a difference. He's doing a terrible job and should be replaced.

He won more league games and had higher winning % than our current manager that’s for sure. He used to know how to win against average teams at home.

No one win a trophy, a cup since 1995 never mind a league title. So yea let’s compare the crappy managers we all have since the 80s. I suppose it’s good to live in the past the 80s glory days.
Yet you are goin on about managers who peaked 10 years ago.

Silva does look limited & must get better results if he is to have any chance of staying on next season...

We are still in transition so he does need more time realistically...

Poor results since the derby has highlighted his weaknesses with the tactical side but we know we need better players also so let's see how he goes till the end of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.