If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would only attract the mercenary type manager only here for a payday after getting sacked for a poor half season. Nobody would come for the project if we sack Silva this soon.

When looking back over our management searches from the last few years you soon realise that the highly rated managers from across Europe have NEVER NOT ONCE entertained the idea of coming here! Not one of the b******s. Presumably if we did attempt to recruit any of them they were probs offered lottery style wages and the promise of a considerable transfer kitty. What an opportunity you'd think for one of these winning managers to awaken a sleeping giant like us. Can you imagine if we'd bagged one of these top managers we'd probs be teetering on the top 4 by now, waiting to move into our massive stadium. Nice idea isn't it? Seems the stuff of distant fantasy these days though dunnit. What went wrong?

Well there was a moment we thought this was gonna be us. When Martinez was gone and just before that first summer transfer window we dared to dream didn't we.

But we are Everton. We didn't deserve Emery, Simeone or Tuchel. If we ever did approach them they probably laughed let's face it!

And then the players, starting with Witsel and Sissoko all playing us for fools. The list goes on.

You see it's now very clear. WE ARE NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY ANYMORE.

So how do you turn this situation around?Well it may be too late now Mosh has spent his enormous wad!

A clear action plan must be drawn up for a huge clear out of the deadwood and the spineless first teamers that just aren't up for a battle. I mean we have bought players ranging from 30m to almost 50m. Most of em aren't good enough though are they? It will take years but a clear out must be done.

ACKNOWLEDGE AT THIS POINT WE WILL NEVER ATTRACT THE FINISHED ARTICLE. No trophy laden manager or player will look at us so f*** em. Accept it for now.

Build a solid foundation from youth team to the best young prospects. Get a leader or two on the pitch. Become a buy to sell club. We need to start generating player profits again. The top prospects need to know that we can make them better players and when ready move em on to the big boys. In that way they will always have that motivation to succeed.

Recruit the right young manager that suits our project.

You need luck on this one. I have no idea, maybe Arteta. All I know is since Mosh came we haven't been very good at being big time. It's gone the opposite way. They're laughing at us!

Last edited:
I'm afraid I am!

I'm not sure he had much of a chance, nobody even confirmed he was the manager! He was set up to fail and in honesty nobody did any better. I have also outlined how I think this situation would be different.

I find it hard to believe he had the biggest budget. What are you basing that on?

I'd also say, if we are using your criteria, this season we have seen Calvert Lewin, Lookman, Davies, Kenny all playing regularly in the first team having come through the reserves. This is more than most PL teams.

I'm afraid I have to completely disagree.

Only Lookman and DCL have featured regularly.

Only Lookman looks like they will make the grade.

The rest keep blowing their chances time after time. You overhype our youth massively. They aren't very good. You need to be more realistic in their ability. Unsworth is failing and his style of football is old fashioned hoof and rush. It's not what we need.

What about Louis van Gaal? If he still has a fire in the belly getting him for 2-3 years to steady the ship and build some foundations would be no brainer.

Worked with Brands before and we could give him his last pay day.
Giving him his last pay day did it for me.

I'm afraid I have to completely disagree.

Only Lookman and DCL have featured regularly.

Only Lookman looks like they will make the grade.

The rest keep blowing their chances time after time. You overhype our youth massively. They aren't very good. You need to be more realistic in their ability. Unsworth is failing and his style of football is old fashioned hoof and rush. It's not what we need.

Thats fair enough mate. But it's not Unsworth fault how they do once they are with the first team squad is it? He has passed lads up who are ready to play PL football. He has put more up than most of his counterparts hasn't he?

Thats fair enough mate. But it's not Unsworth fault how they do once they are with the first team squad is it? He has passed lads up who are ready to play PL football. He has put more up than most of his counterparts hasn't he?

They haven't been ready for the step up. They've been found wanting. That's my point. Unsworth has failed. The players he coached are technically poor, mentally soft and dont want to get on the ball. Every club in the league could chuck a kid in the team. It is pointless unless they are good enough.

If we were to sack Silva (and for the record I don’t think we should... yet) we have two options
1. We carry on with this same approach and look for a progressive young coach who can instill a philosophy and be part of the club for a long time to come - the problem with that is it takes time and patience and we aren’t good at being patient.
2. We try and get an elite manager by throwing money at them. A Jose maybe who short term might finally win some silverware and make us competitive but long term may do more damage than good.
Any new manager will have the same set of under-performing players, this missmash of a squad containing players from 5 different managers with very different styles.
At this moment in time I don’t see what good sacking Silva would do. He’s accountable for the poor run and he’s being questioned which is absolutely right but until Brands earns his money and gets rid of the crap I fear any manger whether they be option 1 or 2 is going to have the same problems Silva is having.

Still going on about Unsworth???

Good grief man. He had his chance. It was a catastrophe and embarassing.

And no he is not doing a good job. His job is to provide players good enough for the first team. Where are these players? He had the biggest budget of any reserves manager in England and not one player has made a difference. He's doing a terrible job and should be replaced.

Unsworth lol

It's as if last season never happened.

The next manager should have it written in to his contract if he's spending more than 20 million quid on a player then at least 2% of the fans should have at least heard of his name before.

I always seem to know or have heard of the players other clubs sign but always have to google our multi million pound gems.

If you don’t mind me asking, which of our “multi million pound” gems had you nit heard off prior to us signing them?

Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Mina, Richiarlison, Pickford?

Status
Not open for further replies.