• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of their amazing attacking players. They chucked 5 in against Switzerland when 2-0 up, they were all over the place at the back in the world cup conceding terrible goals against Tunisia and Japan.
But Michael you're very much a "it's a results business" kind of chap.
Their result was third from a WC. It's undeniable.

I would like to think our defenders should know how to defend. The problem is there are too many shithouses who won’t lead or take responsibility and then the manager is carrying the can. He has tried switching centre halves to no avail. I would give Mina and Zouma a run in the team as I’ve said before Keane is too meek and not mentally strong enough.

I don't have a crystal ball mate but with time and the resources to spend 50m+ on multiple players in the same calendar year (Fabinho, Alisson, vvD) I don't see why it's inconceivable.
He doesn’t - therefore any comparisons with klopp that you are attempting to conjure carry no weight. Our minimum ambitions are, rightly, far lower than the RS - and they aren’t being met.

It's a pity there isn't anyone amongst the 80s teams that has gone on to be decent in management.

I'm all for a global search but at the same time another obscure foreigner is obviously a huge risk again.

No Conte or Mourinho are coming here. Forget it.

Some would sneer at the Dogs of War but it's work ethic that's needed first and foremost. Nobody cares enough, and nobody seems to understand enough to care, either.

What I would give for Big Joe to be twenty years younger now.

He would not touch us with a barge pole mate.

I don’t know, he prefers English football, his family is here, he has a grudge with just about every team in the league now especially the 3 others in the NW. The fans have zero expectations above finishing 7th. He’d be immortalised if he won even anything, he would be the only voice that mattered at the club, the fans wouldn’t be on his back with any style of football nonsense. He’d literally be worshipped and his ego would love that.

We've seen this before. He's not going to change, just like Martinez. He will not give up zonal marking.

There's nothing in his track record whatsoever to justify giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Well if he doesn't then we will know by the end of the season. He'll say something daft like Osman suggested Martinez or Jones said about defending corners and he'll be found out.
I'm not advocating doing nothing, I'm suggesting the situation and his ability to improve us is still TBC. I think that's pretty undeniable, person.

People trying to argue giving him time like the other lot gave Klopp are crazy. Klopp was a perennial performer in the champions league with Dortmund. Had them performing in the league as well. He deserved time because he actually achieved a lot of success in big completions. Marco winning in Greece isn't the same. Time to move on, flavor of the month turned out to taste bad.

If he plays the same drab 4-2-3-1 on Wednesday there’s a good chance that I’ll curse him and start secretly wishing for bad things to happen to him and his loved ones.

No matter how anyone tries to dress this up, the club he's a joke. Allardyce wouldn't of allowed this to happen ffs. I'd sooner have BFS and his horrible hoff-ball over the weekly humiliation we suffer under this clown. People saying "Well we can't keep sacking managers" all I'll say is maybe if we hired a half decent one we wouldn't have to sack him!
100% agree Allardyce would never have lost tonight

Well if he doesn't then we will know by the end of the season. He'll say something daft like Osman suggested Martinez or Jones said about defending corners and he'll be found out.
I'm not advocating doing nothing, I'm suggesting the situation and his ability to improve us is still TBC. I think that's pretty undeniable, person.

He already said in an interview that he doesn't change his philosophy regardless of results.

Desperate defending & players not stepping up...

Zonal marking & players free on the six yard box scoring goals against us...

Our formation seems wreckless & are players look inadequate...

Marco Silva is lacking the vision,knowledge, motivational & tactical management skills to take us forward...

We need to stop the kneejerk reactions. It would be all too easy to sack Silva and bring in a caretaker manager. Then in the summer bring in someone else but what happens when they inevitably have a bad run. Do we get shut and continue to tailspin. The sad reality is that we should finish between 7th and 12th and not win a cup.

The top 6 have far more money than us. Far better squads and have had years to build their Clubs up. We stagnated under Bill and are playing catch up. The only way we will catch those ahead if us is to have stability and to be smarter than the clubs above us. That is not as exciting as the rush that sacking a manager and hoping for a miracle brings but it is far more pragmatic and realistic.

Brands and Silva have only been here 5 minutes and we shouldn't expect miracles. Give them the rest of this season and then next season and then see where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.