Deadwood FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

These wages are insane.

And probably the reason why getting a reasonable transfer fee for many of those players will be nigh on impossible.

To be fair getting them off the wage bill is more important than getting a fee.

People will look to blame the players but the real blame sits with those who sign off the cheques and have allowed various managers to spunk a load of money up the wall.

The way the club has been run in the last few years is an absolute shambles

If we use the figures from the Echo piece today and add in the players they missed, who are also on loan, but maybe not deadwood as such, its really quite a staggering amount of money.

Morgan Schneiderlin £120,000 per week
James McCarthy £50,000
Kevin Mirallas £75,000
Cenk Tosun £67,000
Ashley Williams £60,000
Cuco Martina £40,000
Mo Besic £25,000
Yannick Bolasie £70,000
Sandro Ramirez £120,000
Phil Jagielka £50,000
Nikola Vlasic £40,000

Tarashjai 20k
Niasse 55k
Pennington 10k
Holgate 25k
Garbutt 25k
Dowell 10k
J Williams 10k
Robinson 10k
Connolly 10k

Thats 902k a week, in wages that arent working for us, 46m per year, add on the fact that there were rumours we were still paying Rooney something, add in the wages we are still paying Martinez? and certainly Koeman and its a disgusting amount of money we are flushing down the toilet each week.

Now some of the loans we will be getting a small fee and some % of wages paid, but most of the above are gonna take some shifting and have longish contracts, so sadly there is no easy fix. A few windows of prudence is sadly the order of the day.

Disgusting. Utterly disgusting. Moshiri needs to grip it now. Can see a few barren seasons transfer wide before and after new stadium. Look at the finances unavailable to Spurs currently. Adrenal before them. Shocking way to run a business.

It’s horrendous heads need to roll no other club would have all this [Poor language removed] lying around

Agree with that but why isn't something being done about the situation? Is this not why Brands was brought in. I'm sure that new clubs could be found for a few of those players, even temporarily, but we just don't seem to be doing a great deal about it. The fact that not much is happening in this window and Silva's press remarks tends to indicate that for some reason or other the situation is considered tolerable.

Agree with that but why isn't something being done about the situation? Is this not why Brands was brought in. I'm sure that new clubs could be found for a few of those players, even temporarily, but we just don't seem to be doing a great deal about it. The fact that not much is happening in this window and Silva's press remarks tends to indicate that for some reason or other the situation is considered tolerable.
I'm sure we are trying to do something about it, it's just not that easy, if the players says I'm not signing unless you match my salary then no team is going to sign any of our deadwood, it should sort itself out over the next few years as contracts expire, hopefully we won't be renewing most if not all names mentioned above.

What do you mean do something about it?

Most of those players are on loan, we are currently trying to get 20m for Tosun, which will not happen.

We have 17 or 18 players currently on loan and we have a 25 man first team squad, so im not sure what else we can do for now.

I mean theres not a club in the world that is going to pay Snides or Sandro 120k a week.

So im quite interested in what YOU would do about it.

What do you mean do something about it?

Most of those players are on loan, we are currently trying to get 20m for Tosun, which will not happen.

We have 17 or 18 players currently on loan and we have a 25 man first team squad, so im not sure what else we can do for now.

I mean theres not a club in the world that is going to pay Snides or Sandro 120k a week.

So im quite interested in what YOU would do about it.

Tell Silva to stop saying that Schneiderlin and others won't be leaving for a start, unless that's some sort of ploy to drum up interest.

Tell Silva to stop saying that Schneiderlin and others won't be leaving for a start, unless that's some sort of ploy to drum up interest.

Im almost certain its a ploy, considering he hasnt played for the last few months.

I mean if he came out and said "Please take this utter waste of wages, hes stinking the place out", I doubt we would get many offers.

id just like to point out this is all Moshiri's doing

he has hired the people who have created this mess.

he has sanctioned all these contracts.

utterly utterly clueless.

the bloke has set us back 4 years at least by the time these players are gone and replaced

Sandro on £120k a week.

His agent needs either locking up or a knighthood.

Seriously...I've seen better Sunday league players.

Status
Not open for further replies.