January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I want a new striker I don't think it will automatically make us any better.

We don't create any chances. Tactics need to be better.

We need a striker very badly but like you say , unless it’s ronaldo or Messi , we need to change tactics and get a proper effective midfield going on otherwise the new striker will be “everton’d “ like so many before him

DrRfBDdWsAA603G.jpg

This was taken at Finch Farm today. Rumoured to be a new defensive coach brought in to sure up any holes and cracks at the back.

Darron Gibson? He looks a lot younger and fitter than I remember

In the context of the remainder of this January window seeing:

1) Gana sold to PSG for a decent wedge;
2) One of McCarthorse and Schneiderlin being sold too;
3) Gomes being permanently signed and
4) Davies going out on loan:

recalling Besic would make sense.

In short, it's not happening.

Gomes is starting to show why he was hated by Barca fans in recent matches. Not writing him off , but I , like so many others was really worried we wouldn’t be able to keep him but now , I’m worried that we might pay 30m for him . He needs to improve or else I’d send him back based on his last 6-7 games

Our turnover to wages will be above 80% for this season.

No way are we bringing any players in until we ship a few out. Bolasie coming back makes the situation even worse.
When you read that you have to get fully behind why a clear out takes priority over further inflating the financial outgoings.

And I’m sure we aren’t on our own with skewed wages ratios who would do a Leeds/Portsmouth in an instant if the TV deal dropped significantly.

....it’s day 23 of the transfer window and here’s what’s being reported about the Toffees this Wednesday morning;

- According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Crystal Palace are lining up a shock move to bring Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie, back to the club after he became available on Monday. Palace are in the market for a winger with Wilfried Zaha playing predominantly as a central striker.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton are yet to receive a bid from PSG for midfielder, Idrissa Gueye. The Mirror say Everton will accept an offer of £40m for the 29 year old to fund a bid for a new striker.

- TalkSport’s Jim White claims Everton are still trying to sign Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi, before this transfer window shuts.

- Calciomercato.it say Everton Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has confirmed the Toffees will not be signing Edin Dzeko in this window.

....it’s day 23 of the transfer window and here’s what’s being reported about the Toffees this Wednesday morning;

- According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Crystal Palace are lining up a shock move to bring Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie, back to the club after he became available on Monday. Palace are in the market for a winger with Wilfried Zaha playing predominantly as a central striker.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton are yet to receive a bid from PSG for midfielder, Idrissa Gueye. The Mirror say Everton will accept an offer of £40m for the 29 year old to fund a bid for a new striker.

- TalkSport’s Jim White claims Everton are still trying to sign Chelsea striker, Michy Batshuayi, before this transfer window shuts.

- Calciomercato.it say Everton Director of Football, Marcel Brands, has confirmed the Toffees will not be signing Edin Dzeko in this window.
Cheers Eggs

Thanks again, Eggs, great work like always!

with Mikel Obi being just 2 years older than Gueye and available on a free and a similar and probably just as good a player...it makes much sense to me to get him in, sell Gueye, use the money for a striker. Also gives the chance to mix up the midfield pairing and you never know Gomes and Mikel might be great together

with Mikel Obi being just 2 years older than Gueye and available on a free and a similar and probably just as good a player...it makes much sense to me to get him in, sell Gueye, use the money for a striker. Also gives the chance to mix up the midfield pairing and you never know Gomes and Mikel might be great together

Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.