2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is hilarious. People are actually gutted that a young player deserves a chance in the first team and will probably get it.
Far from gutted.
The question is , is he ready to start games or is he good enough to start games ?
Its patently obvious he isnt , his last start he got hooked at half time .
He's far better learning his trade and coming off the bench in games.

This season he’s played 884 minutes in all competitions and scored 6 and assisted 2.

That's 774 minutes across 21 Premier League appearances, of which 8 are starts, 13 subs.

Conversely, the games he starts tend to not be very good. Notably against Tottenham, City and Leicester recently.

Let's remember our attack is the worst in the league though - in terms of chances and shots created. Not sure how much of that is DCL's fault.

That's 774 minutes across 21 Premier League appearances, of which 8 are starts, 13 subs.

Conversely, the games he starts tend to not be very good. Notably against Tottenham, City and Leicester recently.

Let's remember our attack is the worst in the league though - in terms of chances and shots created. Not sure how much of that is DCL's fault.
Given he hasn’t played an awful lot. Not a lot.

He could have done so much better than what he has done though. But he’s better than tosun. Richarlison seems to have gotten a rep for going down easy. So when he is fouled he’s getting nothing.

Can anyone find out how many minutes he’s actually played. I bet he’s probably played less than 1500 minutes in those games
supposedly 3002 minutes,19 of them are 100% full 90 min games,not 100% sure on if all the rest min wise are right as have not checked them,but checked the 90mins games,but others say hes played even more mins than that lol

Last edited:
DCL:

2018/19

PL: 749 mins (~8.5 games) 4 goals, 1 assist
Total: 884 mins (~10 games) 6 goals, 2 assist

Total PL: 2,967 mins (~33 games) 9 goals, 8 assists.

Total PL games don’t include any penalties won but do include games playing right-wing back & games played under Allardyce.

(Numbers from transfermarkt)

DCL:

2018/19

PL: 749 mins (~8.5 games) 4 goals, 1 assist
Total: 884 mins (~10 games) 6 goals, 2 assist

Total PL: 2,967 mins (~33 games) 9 goals, 8 assists.

Total PL games don’t include any penalties won but do include games playing right-wing back & games played under Allardyce.

(Numbers from transfermarkt)
So from that.

I get there’s a massive improvement in his game this season. And even without he’s a 1 in 3 striker but is involved in a goal probably every 2 games.

I think him and lookman need five consecutive starts together before with no pressure on them so we can see what they’re about properly

...he’d be my first choice CF at this point in time. I think he’s a good foil for the goalscrers in the team and will contribute himself.

Bottom line for me is which CF in the club will opposition CBs most fear playing against and I have no doubt it would be DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.