2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from that.

I get there’s a massive improvement in his game this season. And even without he’s a 1 in 3 striker but is involved in a goal probably every 2 games.

I think him and lookman need five consecutive starts together before with no pressure on them so we can see what they’re about properly

There’ll always be pressure that’s the issue.

He never once played at right back.

People saw the teamsheet, assumed he was playing at right back, he didn't at all, yet it stuck for some reason.

Played RM with a back 3 behind that’s why people are getting confused. Still definitely not where he should be.

Did however cross the ball in for the winner mind.

Last edited:

Ok, this is off the back of the last 3 seasons and comparisons to Englidh centre forwards his age (bear in mind, alot of Abraham's has come in a league below) Assists dont include penaltys won, as DCL has won about 50

Calvert Lewin
Minutes - 3687
Goals - 15
Assists - 9
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 2.7 games
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 4.5 games

Dominic Solanke
Minutes - 726
Goals - 1
Assists - 1
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 8.06 games
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 8.06 games

Tammy Abraham
Minutes - 7,888
Goals - 51
Assists - 10
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 1.71 games (1 every 3.1 in the PL)
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 8.7 games (1 every 4.9 in the PL)

Marcus Rashford
Minutes - 7,517
Goals - 33
Assists - 21
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 2.53 games
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 3.97 games

Make of that what you will, but i think the lad deserves a fair crack of the whip

I'd probably play him as our centre forward at this point. He's limited, but there's something to work with. You can hit the ball up to him, or into the channel and he can use his pace to stretch the pitch.

We play with attacking full backs and wingers, the CF shouldn't need to be hitting channels, he needs to be on the end of all the crosses, that's our biggest problem. We are playing in a manner designed for a CF who can attack the ball and we don't have one. That's why to me its odd continuing doing it until we get a proper CF, an Everton number 9 as they say.

He'll not score unless he gets chances. Same with Tosun.
The thing is, in here and the Tosun thread we've got people saying it's not the strikers fault, there's no service. And in the Bernard and Sigurdsson threads everybody's saying how are they supposed to create because the strikers don't move. It's almost as if nobody has got any idea what our problems are and just base it on whether they like the player concerned or not.

DCL has only twice with his feet in his last 36 PL matches for us. Needs to sort out his finishing.

The lad has bags of potential, physically he is more than adequate for this level. His heading is superb, arguably amongst the best in the league.

If we aren't going to buy a striker we need to start him every game possible until the end of the season. I think if he got a run of games it would build his confidence and with a possible 15 games left in the league he could score anything from another 5-10 goals. I always feel he is playing knowing he is under pressure and it affects him. If he knows he's going to get a decent chance I think it will release some of this. If he only scores 0-4 in that time then we will maybe have to consider he isn't good enough.

Ok, this is off the back of the last 3 seasons and comparisons to Englidh centre forwards his age (bear in mind, alot of Abraham's has come in a league below) Assists dont include penaltys won, as DCL has won about 50

Calvert Lewin
Minutes - 3687
Goals - 15
Assists - 9
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 2.7 games
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 4.5 games

Dominic Solanke
Minutes - 726
Goals - 1
Assists - 1
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 8.06 games
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 8.06 games

Tammy Abraham
Minutes - 7,888
Goals - 51
Assists - 10
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 1.71 games (1 every 3.1 in the PL)
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 8.7 games (1 every 4.9 in the PL)

Marcus Rashford
Minutes - 7,517
Goals - 33
Assists - 21
Goals per 90 mins - 1 every 2.53 games
Assists per 90 mins - 1 every 3.97 games

Make of that what you will, but i think the lad deserves a fair crack of the whip
Been saying this for time. DCL is decent.

It's just Everton who create no chances for their strikers. It's always a case of feeding off scraps. An area Niasse excelled in - and one which makes Tosun look poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.