Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't better on the bench than an off form Gomes, Davies maybe.

Switch system.

3-4-3, and put Gylfi in there. Or leave Gomes in and take Gylfi out (but I do reckon Gylfi offers that bit of magic out of nothing that Gomes doesn't, atm).

Away from home, I think that has to be our system. We need to get players around Richarlison and we need to get some ability to push up in midfield.

We're lucky to be going in even at half time. Southhampton have won only once at home in the league this season. We get out there with an early goal in the second half and they could crumble.

Got to get at that big lump Vestegaard, he is dodgy and we should be running at him every time we get the ball.

*pretends its football manager*

HT. DCL for Bernard. Put Richarlison on the left.

Give Gomes 10/15 minutes, if no luck change with Davies...

Then depending on how its going, Walcott for Sigurdsson.

I'd take Gomes off. He's been off it a few weeks, we need something else in the middle of the park.

I think he's carrying an injury or struggling with the game time/intensity.
Got to be intensity. He played 800 minutes the whole of last season, he's played near 1200 so far.

Maybe work load, if you meant intensity of the league compared to the Spanish league.

We're lucky to be going in even at half time. Southhampton have won only once at home in the league this season. We get out there with an early goal in the second half and they could crumble.

Got to get at that big lump Vestegaard, he is dodgy and we should be running at him every time we get the ball.

It screams of needing what we had at Burnley imo. Three forwards running at their defence. Not two wingers stuck on the fringes and Gylfi hardly involved (through both his own poor form and the poor form of Gomes to get him involved).

Status
Not open for further replies.