2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a whiny, complaining [Poor language removed]. I'm sick of his antics. A puff of wind and he's falling over.
Jesus Christ.

He got knocked about the park yesterday.

As much as I hate the RS, they're top because their players are brilliant at winning fouls, and the refs buy it.

Our fans seem to get more on our own players' backs for going down than the ref's. We deserve what we get, which is sweet f all.

A lot of players do it. Richarlison reaches Neymar levels which is another level. It’s annoying and he should be told to stop.

No he shouldn't.

He does go down too easy at times.

But so do many other players who get given the fouls.

Of the times he went down yesterday, most should have been given as fouls, and were when it went the other way for Bournemouth.

DCL has a better goals per minute ratio than Richarlison. Just saying.

DCL also takes eight touches to make a simple pass and slows down our play though, mate.

I like DCL, but he needs to be used in two scenarios. Away from home, when we need a player to hold it up, or as a sub at home (either to help see out a lead or add a second striker).

For now, Richarlison is by far the best option up front at home for how we want to play. He showed that yesterday.

He scores more goals from a central position. He links the play better. He presses better. He ensures their CBs can't simply pass into midfield and start attacks. He combines with Gylfi.

Yesterday wasn't his best game yet he could have easily had a goal and actually had a good chance late on. He worked tirelessly.

I think he looks frustrated with his back to goal

But he does get chances anyway. Yesterday he had one where Gylfi played him through and - instead of being out on the wing with 3 players on him - he isolated Cook and had his touch been better he'd have been through one-v-one.

It's not ideal, but we're a better team with him there.

He definitely is a wide forward, but we don't play with wide forwards in a 4-2-3-1, we play with wingers.

Richarlison isn't a winger. He doesn't want to be stuck out on the touchline.

So, if he is, he is either isolated with 2/3 players on him, or he's way inside and Digne has nobody to link up with.

DCL also takes eight touches to make a simple pass and slows down our play though, mate.

I like DCL, but he needs to be used in two scenarios. Away from home, when we need a player to hold it up, or as a sub at home (either to help see out a lead or add a second striker).

For now, Richarlison is by far the best option up front at home for how we want to play. He showed that yesterday.

He scores more goals from a central position. He links the play better. He presses better. He ensures their CBs can't simply pass into midfield and start attacks. He combines with Gylfi.

Yesterday wasn't his best game yet he could have easily had a goal and actually had a good chance late on. He worked tirelessly.

Did he? He barely touched the ball in the first half, and was hugely ineffective. He came into it more in the second half as the team improved, and was unlucky with the shot he had cleared off the line, but I'm not sure yesterday could be used to reinforce his claim for the CF spot.

Did he? He barely touched the ball in the first half, and was hugely ineffective. He came into it more in the second half as the team improved, and was unlucky with the shot he had cleared off the line, but I'm not sure yesterday could be used to reinforce his claim for the CF spot.

First half hour, they were all crap. Lookman started to get into the game and once that happened Richarlison clicked up as well. Showed some decent link up and started pressing them back.

Second half him and Gylfi were crucial, mate.

His work rate up top can't be doubted. And while you can say the same for DCL, he just lacks the quality in his all-round play. Against Leicester we wanted quick passes in the final third yet every time DCL got it he was taking 4-5 touches when 1-2 would do. It slows us down, especially when DCL seems obsessed (whether it's instruction - but I doubt that as Richarlison doesn't do it) in dropping off completely and not running in behind, using his pace to his advantage.

Also, we won. So that's enough for me to reinforce he should be there. We don't usually win when DCL starts there in a lone forward role, mate.

Away from home, in a three (I think we should play 3-4-3 away from home you see), I think DCL is suited to it. I think his attributes work for us. At home, it's a different ask and he isn't up too it too often, yet he always makes an impact as a sub (which is exactly what you want from a squad player).

I proper don't know his best position.

For me, he's a wide forward. Not a winger, not a striker. But at the moment, he's our best option as a striker because the team are more functional with him there.

At Watford, Silva played an outright 4-3-3 mostly. That meant Richarlison could play on the left in the channel.

For whatever reason, he doesn't play 4-3-3 here, meaning Richarlison - if he's wide - is more of a winger, and while I agree entirely he's great in the channels driving at goal, it's easy to frustrate him if you put 2 markers (a winger and an fb) on him.

Central, his movement and skill means they have to dedicate 2 players to him. That's either a fb and a cb or a cb and a cm, meaning either way there is more space for the rest of our attackers. That's a good thing.

Then, you have his pace and energy and intelligence - in tandem with Gylfi - in pressing. Yesterday, look how many times in the 2nd half him and Gylfi pressed their CBs back. It forced them to go long and that negated Bournemouth's strengths.

First half hour, they were all crap. Lookman started to get into the game and once that happened Richarlison clicked up as well. Showed some decent link up and started pressing them back.

Second half him and Gylfi were crucial, mate.

His work rate up top can't be doubted. And while you can say the same for DCL, he just lacks the quality in his all-round play. Against Leicester we wanted quick passes in the final third yet every time DCL got it he was taking 4-5 touches when 1-2 would do. It slows us down, especially when DCL seems obsessed (whether it's instruction - but I doubt that as Richarlison doesn't do it) in dropping off completely and not running in behind, using his pace to his advantage.

Also, we won. So that's enough for me to reinforce he should be there. We don't usually win when DCL starts there in a lone forward role, mate.

Away from home, in a three (I think we should play 3-4-3 away from home you see), I think DCL is suited to it. I think his attributes work for us. At home, it's a different ask and he isn't up too it too often, yet he always makes an impact as a sub (which is exactly what you want from a squad player).

Sure, and that's a good thing, but it takes more than that to convince I think. Bournemouth can consider themselves unlucky to not go ahead in that first 30 minutes, and this season of the 11 games we've gone behind in, we've managed 3 draws and 8 defeats, so that form would suggest we wouldn't have come back.

I like the guy and hope he comes good for us, but the jury is still out on him as a CF.

For me, he's a wide forward. Not a winger, not a striker. But at the moment, he's our best option as a striker because the team are more functional with him there.

At Watford, Silva played an outright 4-3-3 mostly. That meant Richarlison could play on the left in the channel.

For whatever reason, he doesn't play 4-3-3 here, meaning Richarlison - if he's wide - is more of a winger, and while I agree entirely he's great in the channels driving at goal, it's easy to frustrate him if you put 2 markers (a winger and an fb) on him.

Central, his movement and skill means they have to dedicate 2 players to him. That's either a fb and a cb or a cb and a cm, meaning either way there is more space for the rest of our attackers. That's a good thing.

Then, you have his pace and energy and intelligence - in tandem with Gylfi - in pressing. Yesterday, look how many times in the 2nd half him and Gylfi pressed their CBs back. It forced them to go long and that negated Bournemouth's strengths.
Makes you wonder what Silva had talked about pre- kick off.In the first half nobody effectively pressed anywhere.It was yet another game where we could easily have been two down before we started to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.