2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to have a silly/downright stupid error in almost every game recently.

If Robles had made this many type of errors he'd have been crucified.

Made one today early on, tried to play a fairly difficult ball out after spell of pressure, straight to their player resulting in good chance for them. Should have just dealt with it. That frustrates me more than anything when it's out of nothing, at the worst possible time in a game.

Also was running out of his area again despite us having 2 centre backs who were in full control. Resulting in a few seconds of confusion. No need - thought he'd have learnt that after Spurs.

Had a better second half, couple great saves, in bad conditions, but I'm far from comfortable with him at present - quickly needs to iron out these errors.

I think someone said recently he's overplaying. I'd agree with that.

You look at de Gea performances today, single handedly keeping the score down up till this point. That’s how we wish Pickford will become one day but I doubt he ever will be that level.

Pickford is nowhere near the level of De Gea though, yet. So how can you use that as a stick to beat him with?

Seems to have a silly/downright stupid error in almost every game recently.

If Robles had made this many type of errors he'd have been crucified.

Made one today early on, tried to play a fairly difficult ball out after spell of pressure, straight to their player resulting in good chance for them. Should have just dealt with it. That frustrates me more than anything when it's out of nothing, at the worst possible time in a game.

Also was running out of his area again despite us having 2 centre backs who were in full control. Resulting in a few seconds of confusion. No need - thought he'd have learnt that after Spurs.

Had a better second half, couple great saves, in bad conditions, but I'm far from comfortable with him at present - quickly needs to iron out these errors.

I think someone said recently he's overplaying. I'd agree with that.

Yeah because Pickford isn’t.

Yeah because Pickford isn’t.
I'm still getting more of a sense that people think Pickford just needs time or needs to get his confidence back than Robles ever did, despite making twice as many errors.

Maybe it's just because he's clearly got potential and we want him to come good.

Or have I underestimated the level of frustration aimed at him?

I'm still getting more of a sense that people think Pickford just needs time or needs to get his confidence back than Robles ever did, despite making twice as many errors.

Maybe it's just because he's clearly got potential and we want him to come good.

Or have I underestimated the level of frustration aimed at him?

The fact that I was his biggest fan and he now does my head in (not as much as Gylfi like) should tell you a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.