The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lad always says that when you watch the top teams and their defenders have got the ball, there always looks an urgency and intensity in their play (even though there's no pressure on them) to get the ball moving, get something going, but with us our defenders with the ball at the back look laboured, nonchalant, almost sleep walking the ball out.

David Luiz prime example yesterday. Silva will fall into the Martinez trap unless he adds some intensity to the game.

But it also works the opposite way. Why should players care if fans only give them support if they play well? Players clearly need support no matter what if they are playing on our pitch. I am sorry, but in comparison to some teams from mainland Europe we clearly lack a group of ultras who give it all every game no matter what in a positive way trying to help the team. Let's wait with all this moaning after games. During games it only helps the opposite team...
You're joking aren't you? Your not seriously asking why players making millions should care, or at least try and be professional for the club that's paying them such obscene money to kick a football around? Somebody wants to pay me that type of money I'll run through an F'N brick wall for them! And I sure as hell wouldn't cry, piss and moan about the mugs who pay for the "privilege" of watching me!

I get this, and that the better performances from the players on the field will naturally generate more noise/enthusiasm from the fans, but watching TV from kick-off - maybe the first 20-25 minutes or so until we started to play - it did sound quiet, so quiet in fact the Bournemouth fans singing was clearly audible.

Not having a pop at the match-going fans, but genuine question - why is Goodison often so quiet at the start of matches? It's not a great look when the TV commentators are constantly remarking how eerily quiet Goodison is.
Is there any thing you would like us to do to enhance your enjoyment in your front room

My lad always says that when you watch the top teams and their defenders have got the ball, there always looks an urgency and intensity in their play (even though there's no pressure on them) to get the ball moving, get something going, but with us our defenders with the ball at the back look laboured, nonchalant, almost sleep walking the ball out.
We always seem.slow to move/offer for the ball. As a defender, if nothing is moving in front of you or the midfield don't demand it, it's a struggle to play it quickly. Gomes does it mostly in this side but the last player we had to do it regularly was Arteta.

We always seem.slow to move/offer for the ball. As a defender, if nothing is moving in front of you or the midfield don't demand it, it's a struggle to play it quickly. Gomes does it mostly in this side but the last player we had to do it regularly was Arteta.

Don't get me started on our movement mate, or lack of.

You're are joking aren't you? Your not seriously asking why players making millions should care, or at least try and be professional for the club that's paying them such obscene money to kick a football around? Somebody wants to pay me that type of money I'll run through an F'N brick wall for them! And I sure as hell wouldn't cry, piss and moan about the mugs who pay for the "privilege" of watching me!
Would be pretty interesting to see thousands of watchers watching you in your workplace giving you moans on your bad days and only supporting you when you have good days... If you truly care about this club and want to see EFC being successful I think the only option is to support the club at all times. If you receive positive support, you feel better and usually have better results of your work.

We can surely question the effort of our players. But let's only do that after the match ends...

Don't get me started on our movement mate, or lack of.
Absolutely right. We are static most of the time. Forward players waiting for someone to pass the ball too their feet.

Make the run and someone will find the pass. We either need someone showing for the ball deep or Sigurdsson needs to be braver and demand the ball - dedicated striker might help too!

Would be pretty interesting to see thousands of watchers watching you in your workplace giving you moans on your bad days and only supporting you when you have good days... If you truly care about this club and want to see EFC being successful I think the only option is to support the club at all times. If you receive positive support, you feel better and usually have better results of your work.

We can surely question the effort of our players. But let's only do that after the match ends...
Meh, if those thousands of people are paying to watch me and I'm getting paid silly money to basically perform for them I really wouldn't mind one jot. I'm still getting paid at the end of the day aren't I? In fact it would actually spur me on to be better and prove them wrong.

Plus If I went into work and repeatedly put in the most lazy, disinterested and sometimes borderline disrespectful efforts in I'd have no problems with the people paying to see me getting annoyed. They're only getting angry because they care.

This is the longest run in the club's history without a trophy and we show no signs of getting better. It's no surprise that the atmosphere is so terrible. People have finally given up hope. We were worse then this in the 90's but the players always tried and the crowd respected them for it. The current crop and a few before them don't try hard enough and haven't for years.

Is there any thing you would like us to do to enhance your enjoyment in your front room

Now that you mention it, a streaker or two sprinting the full length of the pitch during the game, skillfully evading security, with "Kopites are Gobsh***s" written on his (or her) chest would be massively entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.