January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nuary-James-McCarthy-attracting-interest.html

Willing to listen to offers for Tosun, Niasse and Schneiderlin.

Palace, Fulham and Cardiff shown interest in Tosun and Niasse but not at prices quoted.

Roma tentative enquiry for Schneiderlin

Few clubs want McCarthy on loan

Banningime wants a loan
That part is mental. Bournemouth spend 19m on a player who has scored ONE goal in his senior career and people are balking at 10m and 20m for players who have scored loads more? Not only that, it's probably the only chance they have at staying in the league which would give money considerably more than the prices quotes.

I think if we look at CM again, lets say we sold

McCarthy
Besic
Vlasic
Schneiderlin

Received say £45-£50mil for the lot and saved a packet in wages.

Kept Davies, Baningime Gana and Sigurdsson and signed 2 more centre mids u23 years old with the money.

We would expect those 2 u23s to be first 11 players before long taking the same chances as Digne when he replaced Baines...we would then have Gana and Sigurdsson, two 30 year olds next season as rotation options.

If we kept them for the season they would be a month or two off 31 years of age with resale values of a lot less than we could take for them now.

Instead of this, if we actually sold them for say £25mil each (as an example) and the others we would have around £100mil to rebuild the CM along with whatever cash Moshiri would be willing to put towards it.

Id have alot of faith in brands as on top of the transfer pot there would be a massive pot of wages.
It’s no doubt what the goal is but that is a LOT of moving parts that everyone would have to agree to. Offloading them would be nice but we also have a decent amount out on loan that need to be moved on also.

Prime example is Mirallas. He’s been wanting away from the club for 2 years now and not even his old club olympiakos wanted him back on a cut price after a loan with option to buy.

I think more than we’d like will be loaned out again next summer with hopes they prove themselves at that club and they decide to buy. That’s best case scenario with most of them as it will lighten the wages and hopefully secure a sale.

If we can sell that’s perfect and puts us ahead a transfer window or 2. Otherwise 7-8 moving parts in one window is near impossible and don’t think any clubs barring the newly promoted sides who pick up mostly frees and prem rejects have ever done it.

Time to buckle down assess our most obvious weaknesses and aim for that this window. For me it’s a RB

Good Evening VanFrandelinoOrlyCRUSHEROfWeasels.

As Bono famously sang, there wont be any blammos at Everton this Christmas time, the greatest gift they get this year is Niaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssse.

Good evening mein MarcosGotTheVoteOfConfidenceThisChristmasFrandelino

As Elvis quite rightly said, we can't go on together, with suspicious Brands( bah bah bah baaaaaah ) and we can't build our dreaaams, on Dominic Calvert-Lewin

We must have transfers IN

We need an addition or two for a boost as much as anything I think. Hopefully some of the dead wood gets moved on and then we can bring them in. I can see Niasse at Cardiff and Tosun at Palace. Morgan will go abroad where the style suits him.

That part is mental. Bournemouth spend 19m on a player who has scored ONE goal in his senior career and people are balking at 10m and 20m for players who have scored loads more? Not only that, it's probably the only chance they have at staying in the league which would give money considerably more than the prices quotes.

One is young with potential and resale value. The others are proven average and little resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.