January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/aaron-ramsey-arsenal-juventus-five-year-deal-36m

"It had been clear the Wales international would move in the summer and Juventus had been the frontrunners to secure the 28-year-old’s signature. Ramsey will be paid around £140,000 a week (£7.2m a season), making him Juventus’s second-highest earner behind Cristiano Ronaldo but ahead Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa."

I know I should let it go, but Sandro Ramirez is right up there with Juventus' best paid palyers.

We need a striker this window. And really we need 2 strikers in total by the start of next season. Let's go out and pay Bournemouth what they want for Callum Wilson now and then in the summer let's look to get a top striker to lead this team to where we want to be.

We need a striker this window. And really we need 2 strikers in total by the start of next season. Let's go out and pay Bournemouth what they want for Callum Wilson now and then in the summer let's look to get a top striker to lead this team to where we want to be.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Should I go on? No way should we pay that for Wilson. To then what? Sit him on the bench when the other fella comes in? Makes no 'kin sense whatsoever. And what's the big deal about having to get a striker this window anyways? Remember the last one we picked up in Jan? Sure, we need one, but this side could walk into 7th without one for now, giving us time until the summer to find the RIGHT target, not just some lad who's scored a few this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/aaron-ramsey-arsenal-juventus-five-year-deal-36m

"It had been clear the Wales international would move in the summer and Juventus had been the frontrunners to secure the 28-year-old’s signature. Ramsey will be paid around £140,000 a week (£7.2m a season), making him Juventus’s second-highest earner behind Cristiano Ronaldo but ahead Paulo Dybala and Douglas Costa."

I know I should let it go, but Sandro Ramirez is right up there with Juventus' best paid palyers.
The loan moves seem to be a disaster for Sandro, on top of a really bad start at Everton under RK.
when a player is on loan at a club he needs to be performing really well to get into the team. A manager will not persist with a poorly performing loan player as there is no advantage to be had. He might as well play one of his own permanent players.

I think Sandro needs to come back to Everton, work hard under the manager and try to rebuild his career and reputation from scratch.

Silva did seem to like Sandro and certainly used him a lot in pre season but Sandro wanted to go back to Spain .. on loan...again, and for the second time that has not worked.
I don't think Sandro will ever be a goalscoring forward , but playing as a wide player he seemed to have potential. His confidence must be low, and stuck on the sidelines at a loan club will not help that.

Like it’s already been mentioned. Moshiri said at the AGM the club aren’t going to be splashing out big fees on players of his age, especially with his injury history and he’s hardly prolific.

I’m not saying they will never buy 27/28 yr olds again, but I imagine it will be free transfers or players With a year left on their deals who we can get relatively cheap to maybe fill the squad with a bit of experience.

I would play Richarlison up front fir the rest of this season than waste 50mil on Wilson.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Should I go on? No way should we pay that for Wilson. To then what? Sit him on the bench when the other fella comes in? Makes no 'kin sense whatsoever. And what's the big deal about having to get a striker this window anyways? Remember the last one we picked up in Jan? Sure, we need one, but this side could walk into 7th without one for now, giving us time until the summer to find the RIGHT target, not just some lad who's scored a few this year.
Agreed, utterly pointless. Season is dead anyway, rather give DCL the rest of the season than pay that for Wilson. And that's saying somin.

Status
Not open for further replies.