Match Thread Everton v Lincoln City, FA Cup, Preview, Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be the priority for the rest of the season. This is a bigger game for us than any of our remaining league games. In any scenario other than away at a top 6 side we should be expecting ourselves to progress especially as other teams may play weakened teams. The league cup should have been a wake up call to Silva. Going out at home to a team as poor as Southampton were when we haven’t won a trophy in 24 years was an absolute disgrace.

If I managed Everton I would be targeting the two domestic cup competitions each year, they are an opportunity to win something. Provided the team was in a comfortable league position I would even rest players for cup matches. We need to get the monkey off our back and win something, and make that success a catalyst to all round improvement.

We need to start showing a will to win and we need that will to win to start showing some success, have a good crack at this cup.

I know we've been through this but just because he makes changes, doesn't mean it won't be a strong team.

Like, a lot of outfield players that played last week were not worthy of a start today, on merit, and really on form none of them do, bar Digne.

I'm expecting 5-6 changes, personally, but think some will be a necessity. No excuse not to get the game won though, no.

If he makes 8 or so changes like the league cup, then it can't be anything other than a weakened team.

3 or 4 tops. Anything more is taking liberties.

If he makes 8 or so changes like the league cup, then it can't be anything other than a weakened team.

3 or 4 tops. Anything more is taking liberties.
Digne and Gomes need resting for the benefit of the rest of the season. Coleman will probably comeback in for kenny. Bernard should have started instead of Walcott last game so no doubt will do today and will only improve the right hand side, finally if fit lookman should be given a go as Richarlison hasn’t been anywhere near his best in the last few games. So there’s at least 5 that should or will happen anyway and there can’t be any complaints about any. Mina will probably play as well

Id like to see

Pickford
Digne
Zouma
Mina
Coleman (if fit)
Gana
Gomes
Sigs
Walcott
Bernard
Richarlerson

Get the game won, sub off Gomes, Bernard and Sigs as early as possible
Swerve the rest of the sqaud, no point in playing morgan, jags, Baines, stek, niasse, etc.
They havnt played for that long they will be so out of match fitness on top of not being good enough to play for the club anyway whats the point were just risking possibly going out or having an unnecessary replay.
Maybe have a look at McCarthy as a sub if the game is won, interested to see if he has anything left to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.