• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Entitled? We shouldnt be beating the poorer sides at home then?

We shouldn't just expect to turn anyone over in the league, we ain't City so although we should on paper be beating them, doesn't work like that, you have to earn wins and some of our displays so far didn't warrant it but it's very early in his tenure.

Fully agree.

Look, if we beat Arsenal or United at home, does it really matter? Not really. Our "battles", or surrenders, are twice a year against the RS, and we just get pumped year on year. We don't even contest them any more.

Cups? We gave Davies the captaincy (for shame) and surrendered to a truly horrible Southampton side. We'll probably run over Lincoln and then get a premier league team away, lose, and then we will just freewheel to May. Or maybe we will get 40 points from our remaining 18 games (this Everton side isn't winning 13 games and drawing 1 of its remaining 18 like) , finish on 67 points and.... finish 6th, in all its beige glory.

The right coach and a couple of the right players can turn around that mediocrity though.

I'm happy still having some hope that this guy might be able to do something, and that whether in the current new bunch or the ones that come in the summer that we will have a couple of top players to really get behind.

It's not much hope but after the dullness and then horror of everything since Koeman came in I will take it.

Klopp has gotten to finals in every season he's been at the club and has consistently been in the top 4 as has Poch lets not pretend they were 10/11th with Liverpool and Spurs in their first seasons and out the cups at the first hurdle.

Klopp and Poch with the likes of Digne, Mina, Gomes, Gana and Richarlison would do miles more than what our current clown is managing.

Mate shut the f up with the clown shouts, he's not by a loooooooooong shot.

But on the flip side we have looked well organised in the games against City and the RS. Solid and clear lines working together with some decent threat in attack.

You are right in picking out those games but I dunno. I started with not expecting much this season apart from getting new players bedded in and at least staying top half, so I am not too concerned yet. I had said I'd be okay being like 12th come season end if there is plenty of positives in the performances but yeah, if we finished the season 10th or below and the season finished with the same level of performance I'd be fine if they went looking again in the summer.

I'm still optimistic we will be fine, but not great, come season end and we will be able to see better times ahead with the second squad upgrade in the summer.

We’re not going down and we won’t challenge anything, our season will rest on the RS. They lose the league and we’ll be joyful; it what we’ve become, a nonentity from a string of failed managerial appointments since the 90’s

The summer comes and so doa couple of teams sniffing around our best players. They leave and we sign a couple of more decent players. They of course need time to bed in, we accept that with another mid table finish and the cycle repeats.

The catalyst to any good team is a truly good manager, who no matter what starting 11 gets them singing his song. He then adds the quality to make them tick.

We have gone down the “throw money at overachieving players and manager and hopefully something will stick” route

Nobody likes getting beat, I'm just trying to not fume, it serves no purpose, I want him to succeed and I understand that it's a long term project. We've had too many managers and we are a mish mash because of it, time to make a stand until it's extremely bad. But that's just me.

Moyes replacing Smith, things got better right away
Martinez replacing Moyes, things got better,, much better.
Koeman replaced Martinez, things did look better and there was improvement.
Fat head Sam replaced Koeman, and he steadied us and we looked better and harder to beat.
Silva replaced Fat Head and we have gone backwards. And with massive investment.....
But none of those ended with success did they? So maybe short term pain for long term gain will be better. I’m not saying thats a guarantee obviously, but i’m not sure that using perceived improvement in previous regimes is a solid indicator of where we’re heading.

To think less than a month ago everyone was quite content that the footy had improved and we were harder to beat. we have only been pummelled once so far, after last year I'd say thats improvement but let's be real here that squad has a lot of last seasons players who lost all confidence. The current starting line up has 6 new lads in it and we are inconsistent, I am truly shocked.
Yeah but content because it was early, and there was a few injuries, but then we went into a busy month, an important month and it turned into a farce. We no longer look capable of Europe and we don't like or rather Silva doesnt look like he knows his starting 11 or what to do with the squad he has.
It's the same as his Watford days, but then people made the "he was distracted" excuse to cover up his failings.

Dont take that for granted, got a feeling he will play a nonsense side, a cup run is vital or this season is a shocker

Strange thing is, while I think 7 wins in 20 is rank, I'm not even sure it is Silva I am railing against here. He just strikes me as another faceless coach who will probably get the 40%win ratio by the end of the season, every season, to keep his job until it falls to under 30% in 15 game spell and he gets the boot and we do it all again. It's nothing against him so much, just the grimly overhyped product that is modern, top level football. 5th-15th for the vast majority of clubs is "job done" and the point spread is fairly small.

Yeah but content because it was early, and there was a few injuries, but then we went into a busy month, an important month and it turned into a farce. We no longer look capable of Europe and we don't like or rather Silva doesnt look like he knows his starting 11 or what to do with the squad he has.
It's the same as his Watford days, but then people made the "he was distracted" excuse to cover up his failings.

We will see what he and the team are made of coming up, he can turn it around or flounder down the league. I'm hoping for once theyshow some balls and come back fighting against Leicester and start a better run but I'll also bet we go on another crap run before the end of the season.

Moyes replacing Smith, things got better right away
Martinez replacing Moyes, things got better,, much better.
Koeman replaced Martinez, things did look better and there was improvement.
Fat head Sam replaced Koeman, and he steadied us and we looked better and harder to beat.
Silva replaced Fat Head and we have gone backwards. And with massive investment.....
We were good for one season under Koeman, and then we went down the toilet. Martinez, we had one good season, one OK one and one crap one.
Haven’t read the last few pages are we still in a post Burnley lull or are we knee-jerking and calling for a sacking.

Thanks in advance.
The latter, because Liverpool are destroying Arsenal.

Strange thing is, while I think 7 wins in 20 is rank, I'm not even sure it is Silva I am railing against here. He just strikes me as another faceless coach who will probably get the 40%win ratio by the end of the season, every season, to keep his job until it falls to under 30% in 15 game spell and he gets the boot and we do it all again. It's nothing against him so much, just the grimly overhyped product that is modern, top level football. 5th-15th for the vast majority of clubs is "job done" and the point spread is fairly small.

It's been that way since money has become such a huge influence in the game, sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.