2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bar Siguardsson and Richarlison, we just don’t score enough goals. I don’t know if playing Bernard on the left is utilising his talents the most, but imo it would be foolish to move Siguardsson out of the 10 role. I think better balance will be brought to our attacking play when Richarlison is moved to his more favoured position on the left and we sign a striker that is worthy of the name.

All dependant on form surely zatman!

Possibly...

Bar Siguardsson and Richarlison, we just don’t score enough goals. I don’t know if playing Bernard on the left is utilising his talents the most, but imo it would be foolish to move Siguardsson out of the 10 role. I think better balance will be brought to our attacking play when Richarlison is moved to his more favoured position on the left and we sign a striker that is worthy of the name.

Thats the thing...where does he play as if we signed a starting CF?

Well if it’s in euros then it’s not a British publication in which case why pay attention to it.

You believe the British press?

I’d personally like to see a midfield 3 of Gomes, Bernard and Sig. have Bernard playing a role similar to the 2 silva’s do for Man City. They all work hard enough and are clever enough to make it work.

God that'd be good to watch.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digned
Sigurdsson Gomes Bernard
Walcott Richarlison Lookman
That shouldn't have problems breaking down teams at Goodison.

Think this is the plan, I'd like to see Bernard go to the right when we do this, think we need him in the team, he'll be great next season once he's properly settled. Take someone like lucas moura for example, showing his talent this season now, but didn't do much for the first few months he was over here.

Think this is the plan, I'd like to see Bernard go to the right when we do this, think we need him in the team, he'll be great next season once he's properly settled. Take someone like lucas moura for example, showing his talent this season now, but didn't do much for the first few months he was over here.
Giving players time to settle is not really a GOT thing though , is it

Do you think perhaps he may have been seen as a free transfer, short term 1-2 season signing to bring in and sell at a decent profit?

He's not really free though. Supposedly we had to give him a big signing on fee zat, and he's on big wages (Inter baulked at the package deal he was after) so if we saw him as a short term 1-2 season signing and then sell on at a decent profit, then he would have to be sold on for a large transfer fee, especially to make a decent profit.

He's not really free though. Supposedly we had to give him a big signing on fee zat, and he's on big wages (Inter baulked at the package deal he was after) so if we saw him as a short term 1-2 season signing and then sell on at a decent profit, then he would have to be sold on for a large transfer fee, especially to make a decent profit.

If you are using those rules, then no player is ever "free".

Free of fee, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.