• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s obvious we need to find a CF who can start for us. Opposing teams know if they nullify Richarlison we are going to struggle. Put a Lukaku in that forward line and all of a sudden defences would be pretty terrified.

Finding a top quality striker is going to be the trick though isn’t it? I think we also need a genuine goal scoring threat on the right and then we’ll be a serious team.

I think we have been a bit unlucky with the points total. There not been a game so far in my opinion where I’ve thought we got away with that but there have been a fair few games were we deserved more. Add that to the fact I’ve not seen a game we’re weve been dominated this season. The top teams away have had a couple of 10/15 min spells on top which you would expect. I also think if Mina would have started the season playing we would have been right in the mix now. Not 10 points adrift which is unfortunate. Last season we were stealing points. Let’s keep the feel good factor going. I’ve got faith in this squad.

I don't see that mate, whilst Mina has played well since he has come in Keane and Zouma had been playing really well together as well. The way I look at it is, have Mina's performances been any better than Keane's or Zouma's when they were playing together, IMO no.

The reason we are not right in the mix, and 10 points adrift is, our failure to put the ball in the back of the net when it mattered.

Allardyce had amassed 25 points after being in charge for 17 games, if we beat Watford tomorrow then Silva will have 26 points after 16 games with man city to play after that, if we don't beat Watford tomorrow then it's likely he will fall short of Allardyces 25 points, whatever the result tomorrow overall results wise there really hasn't been much difference between them so far, the interesting thing for me is the reaction and difference of opinion of supporters between the two managers.
Good point albeit I’d argue Allardyce style meant that 25 points is not too far of the best we could hope for silva is trying to play in a way that longer term will hopefully mean 25 points will be the minimum not maximum

Fine margins

It’s all baby steps at the moment. People who say ‘huge strides have been made’ are way off. I would like to see us kick on a bit in the second half of the season as Silva’s plans and style finally sink in and the machine becomes well-oiled.

Still I wouldn’t mind a bit of jam today - don’t we all?!

Did you see ANY of our games last season?

The new management team has been in place for one half of a season, the recognised first 11 have only had about 6 games together, yet people are taking about them carrying on a tradition? Ye Gods, the majority of people on here are so bi-polar it is scary, swinging from euphoria to despair on a game by game basis. I dread to think what will happen if Gomes hits a poor streak, if he thought Barca fans were bad, wait until he sees us turn gangster :(

Despite what we all may want, despite past suffering and humiliations, we Simply have to accept that this season is a top 7 or top 8 finish. Anybody expecting more is simply deluded because if we have one key injury we are screwed! I am satisfied with the improvement in football on display, I do not expect to start beating the Mancs the RS or Chelsea / arsenal away from home for another two or three windows. Like it or not guys we do have to give it time to evolve, we mustn’t turn into a lynch mob every time we have a defeat or a poor game!

For me personally, part of the problem is where that lot are at. It puts me off football, especially when they are being gifted wins week upon week (thanks Pickford).

I am emotionally drained and this past week has been a donkey punch.

I have patience for us to take a few seasons to get to the levels required.

I just find the current league table nauseating.

Aye and I’m more interested in this season. One point from top 6 so far with one penalty in 4 games. Draws with Huddersfield and Newcastle and walloped by West Ham. How did we do against that 3 last season at home? We’ve beaten two promoted sides and Palace, Soton, Brighton and only one away game. We’ve had no unexpected wins so far. Nothing out of the ordinary - results wise. It’s not a criticism as it’s a work in progress.

As I said, we need to give it time for it all come together when performance, which has risen, and results align. They are not in sync yet.

It all goes in stages of beating the struggling teams, getting an away win here and there, winning home games of those around you and hopefully getting positive results at their grounds. Then competing with the big boys where they hate coming to Goodison and where we can get a few wins. Eventually, the Holy Grail of going to the big boys where we can pull off a win and eventually winning without it being a shock.

It all takes time and we are only 15 games in.

This season may only see us getting into our stride but hopefully we go full on Bob Beamon and make giant leaps. Get a striker in and who knows.

Aye and I’m more interested in this season. One point from top 6 so far with one penalty in 4 games. Draws with Huddersfield and Newcastle and walloped by West Ham. How did we do against that 3 last season at home? We’ve beaten two promoted sides and Palace, Soton, Brighton and only one away game. We’ve had no unexpected wins so far. Nothing out of the ordinary - results wise. It’s not a criticism as it’s a work in progress.

As I said, we need to give it time for it all come together when performance, which has risen, and results align. They are not in sync yet.

It all goes in stages of beating the struggling teams, getting an away win here and there, winning home games of those around you and hopefully getting positive results at their grounds. Then competing with the big boys where they hate coming to Goodison and where we can get a few wins. Eventually, the Holy Grail of going to the big boys where we can pull off a win and eventually winning without it being a shock.

It all takes time and we are only 15 games in.

This season may only see us getting into our stride but hopefully we go full on Bob Beamon and make giant leaps. Get a striker in and who knows.

Who knows indeed. After Martinez's first season plenty of us probably thought a trophy win was imminent or at the very least Champions League qualification.

For all we know this might be peak Silva now. We hope it isn't but finding a way to get into the top 6 is going to be incredibly tough. United look vulnerable this season but will that be the case next year? Probably not.

That’s the excitement of football. You just don’t know. At the moment, we have that hope that Silva’s equivalent of the Brock back pass is just around the corner. Beating City and Spurs this month would be a statement - forget statement - it would be fantastic!

Aye and I’m more interested in this season. One point from top 6 so far with one penalty in 4 games. Draws with Huddersfield and Newcastle and walloped by West Ham.

Can we stop this silly idea that we were walloped by West Ham? We dominated that game, they just scored on 3 of their 4 shots on target.

Honestly, we've been unlucky this year. Two crap red cards, out playing many teams let tying or losing. It's a night and day difference from the past.

In the long run, things will even themselves out. We get a bit better every window, but it will take time.

Can we stop this silly idea that we were walloped by West Ham? We dominated that game, they just scored on 3 of their 4 shots on target.

Honestly, we've been unlucky this year. Two crap red cards, out playing many teams let tying or losing. It's a night and day difference from the past.

In the long run, things will even themselves out. We get a bit better every window, but it will take time.
You can say "we've been unlucky" just about every year tho. Eventually you need to make your own luck.

Making good progress towards resuming our best of the rest status. We are light years from competing for the top 5 positions. That is the financial reality in this league and I am content with the direction we are taking.

Agree we’re not a bad side at all & actually have a fully functioning 11 with no real weak points yes we could improve at centre forward but that will happen either January or The summer.

At this point we will hopefully become a team good enough to overcome adversity wether it be through bad luck or poor officiating.

You can say "we've been unlucky" just about every year tho. Eventually you need to make your own luck.
Hardly, last year we were LUCKY under BFS.

When you dominate possession, shots, scoring chances, and don't win, it's unlucky. I haven't watched a single match this year where I thought the other side was better than us. Certainly not that West Ham match, that's for sure.

Good point albeit I’d argue Allardyce style meant that 25 points is not too far of the best we could hope for silva is trying to play in a way that longer term will hopefully mean 25 points will be the minimum not maximum
Hopefully mate but there is no guarantee of that, I think it's a fairly easy job for Silva to get us to the best of the rest position the hard part will be for him to bridge the gap to the top teams and chase a champions league place which obviously won't happen overnight, we look a much better team than last season all round, defence, midfield and attack. The players that have been brought in by him/Brands have all had a positive influence and it's so nice to see someone like Gomes playing in midfield instead of having too many defensive mids, hopefully we'll keep improving and the results will come with that.

Hopefully mate but there is no guarantee of that, I think it's a fairly easy job for Silva to get us to the best of the rest position the hard part will be for him to bridge the gap to the top teams and chase a champions league place which obviously won't happen overnight, we look a much better team than last season all round, defence, midfield and attack. The players that have been brought in by him/Brands have all had a positive influence and it's so nice to see someone like Gomes playing in midfield instead of having too many defensive mids, hopefully we'll keep improving and the results will come with that.
Need some goalsscorers the big difference between us & the teams above us is the number of players they have with goals in them.

I hope & pray we sign Lozano & the Brazilian centre forward in January as you so right we have almost done the easy part. The real challenge begins now

Status
Not open for further replies.