FA CUP 3rd ROUND DRAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
This won't be the walk over people think they are a better team than the one that beat burnley a couple of years ago and should have scored first against arsenal before theos shot deflected 15 times before rolling in. Always a danger from set pieces and an excellent manager don't get me wrong we'll win but don't expect it not to be a fight for the first 20-30 mins

Lincoln City please
Called that very early....

Fix! :eek::eek:

On a side note, lottery numbers pls.

I remember football pre sky, I watched the 95 cup final as a 14 year old boy. Its interesting if your team is still involved but the competition lost its glamour decades ago... I view it same way I view caraboa cup, a big old load of meh. I don't care about the David v Goliath narrative it offers either as 99 times out of 100 the David gets webbed senseless.

Obviously if Everton get to the final I'll change my stance and declare it the best cup in the world, but until that happens... meh.

Watched the Oldham game in the last round, against my local team (Hampton and Richmond Borough) that I lived literally across the road from two times, and that my dad was Club Secretary, and my mum Treasurer (or something like that) of when I was a little kid (they were just Hampton back then). Pushed them right to the end, and came this close to an upset. Would be away to Fulham if they'd held on for the win.

We always do poor v lower teams sometimes......
*mind now locked in an interminable logic loop. Might even deprive me of sleep.

Thanks Joey!

How hard will it be to get tickets for this game?

Expecting Lincoln fans to take the full allocation, around 6000, they get paddock, lower and upper bullets up to the hallway line. I'm amongst the seats that get displaced for these (don't recall it happening for the last few years), then season ticket holders get first dibs on their seats then we (the displaced) get a day or 2 to pick the best of what's left over. Then members b4 general sale. They can ask for previous purchase history if they feel there could be trouble with Lincoln fans getting in our end but don't think they ever ask for that. Tickets will be probably around £20 and the decent ones will sell out, but usually plenty of obstructed views available Goodison has about easy 8000 of them.
Lincoln look to have a great away following so I'd expect them to snap up a lot of them and make a day off it. Who doesn't love a good 3rd round fa cup away, proper day out en-mass is what the cups all about, love em ;)

Expecting Lincoln fans to take the full allocation, around 6000, they get paddock, lower and upper bullets up to the hallway line. I'm amongst the seats that get displaced for these (don't recall it happening for the last few years), then season ticket holders get first dibs on their seats then we (the displaced) get a day or 2 to pick the best of what's left over. Then members b4 general sale. They can ask for previous purchase history if they feel there could be trouble with Lincoln fans getting in our end but don't think they ever ask for that. Tickets will be probably around £20 and the decent ones will sell out, but usually plenty of obstructed views available Goodison has about easy 8000 of them.
Lincoln look to have a great away following so I'd expect them to snap up a lot of them and make a day off it. Who doesn't love a good 3rd round fa cup away, proper day out en-mass is what the cups all about, love em ;)

They'll sell pretty much whatever allocation they get, up to 6 and a half thousand season tickets sold, plus others for family, and friends that fancy a jolly. They make a good noise too and will do their bit to ensure a good atmosphere.

Great draw, gives us a chance to rotate.
Maybe, but it's not like we are overstretched with fixtures. Remove any excuses and go with the strongest available team, Marco is starting to assemble a decent squad with good competition on the park, but the last thing I need is to face loads of Imps supporters rubbing my nose in it.

Two complete clowns making that draw, could have done without them thinking pulling out balls from the cylinder is absolutely hilarious

Two standouts for me

Us vs Lincoln

Southport/Tranmere vs Spurs
They seemed to enjoy it so did I no complaints from me.Great draw for Tranmere/Southport as well.

They seemed to enjoy it so did I no complaints from me.Great draw for Tranmere/Southport as well.

Yes everyone to their own and what some enjoy others find extremely annoying.

I personally much preferred it when it was done without interruptions for giggling fits and laughter as another hilarious tie was announced, really i just wanted the result of the draw not the clowns.

The result of the draw however was excellent and gives every incentive for Southport, although I expect Tranmere to be just too good and have too much quality for us.

Yes everyone to their own and what some enjoy others find extremely annoying.

I personally much preferred it when it was done without interruptions for giggling fits and laughter as another hilarious tie was announced, really i just wanted the result of the draw not the clowns.

The result of the draw however was excellent and gives every incentive for Southport, although I expect Tranmere to be just too good and have too much quality for us.

Job should have been done at Tranmere.

That said, a packed Haig, even with a loss will be a much needed money spinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.