Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well, ruined by the end. If Pickford thought it was going in then he has to make sure he gets a good hand on slapping it away, instead he's ended up not only misjudging the ball but somehow managed to spin it back into play. He had some good moments today but overall he didn't have a great game, lots of mishit passes and rushed balls out. The inexperience of a young keeper, just needs to learn to concentrate for the whole game and be calmer.

The first time we give a credible performance there in literally years and Pickford decides to do that at the end.
Yep he's an idiot, he has tried Tupi things before but this one at that time in the game, he maybe England's number 1 but drop him to teach him a lesson, I really don't want to see he for a couple of weeks, how could he do that in this game.

I wouldn't have shook that tosser's hand if I was Silva, the man is an absolute embarrassment running on the pitch like that. If it were Mourinho he'd get a touchline ban for 2 months but nothing will happen to him, nothing. Complete lack of class, sportsmanship and professionalism. I expect nothing less from him.

To be fair Marco has more class

If I have a son, I willl never buy him an Eveton kit while he’s a baby. I won’t promote Everton as the team to support. I just wouldn’t knowingly subject another human being to a lifetime of suffering.

Not even joking.

My lads 6, fully invested into everton already, feel terrible for the lad that he's going to have decades of this crap

I resisted the immediate urge to post my feelings.

Let's look at the match in its entirety, not the comedy of errors at the end.

For much of the game we looked the team more likely to win it than lose and that represents big progress. The result is a kick in the teeth that we don't deserve but we need to focus on the positives, and there are many.

Gomes is a Rolls Royce Premier League player and totally bossed the midfield. Bernard showed us he can defend and almost last 90 minutes. Lookman showed us he is capable of starting. Mina showed us he is the man for the big occasion and he and Kane are a solid pairing. Digne looks capable going forward and defending. Richy really put in a shift. Siggy put in some great balls. Walcott was unlucky not to score. Coleman, who I was previously worried about, made a great covering tackle in the second half. Gueye was busy but not quite at his best. Pickford was solid - right up to the 96th minute. If that cock up hadn't happened we would all be saying what a great performance it was and how we are really progressing. We still are progressing! We have just had a kick in the teeth that we didn't deserve and the best way to react to that is to put 5 past Newcastle on Wednesday.

We have the ability. It is now about character!

Forget the result they beat us by a fortunate goal. We get a striker who scores regularly Richarlison back on the wing we will do them. We made them change what they were doing. I know it's scant consolation at the moment but you've got to take the positives where you can.
Yes you're right there, it is scant consolation!

Man I'm so sick of this feeling after derbies. Really thought we were going to knick a goal at the end and steal it. We as fans have put up with some serious sh×× with this fixture. Its about time we got something better. Unbearable feeling

This result hurts so much laa. Literally wanna cry. They've just nabbed it all..

But, at times we webbed them there. And they were scared to play the ball on the deck..

Can't even talk, all's I wanna say is, we rocked up at Anfield and they didn't like it. Small time? Not arsed lad we've been disgusting the last few years there..

Awful by pickford though. [Poor language removed] me that hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.