2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can play any position across the front 3. Brazil play him on the right when he comes on. He is playing up front because we play a style where we want to get behind teams. Tosun does not have the pace to stretch teams. Walcott will eventually be replaced and i'm unsure on Bernard on the left. So I would expect a new forward line in the next year which would make us very strong.

Bernard is still adapting to the league. He’ll be fantastic for us.

Said it the other day to our kid...but reminds me of the Brazilian Ronaldo...need a midfield enforcer to go with the package tho...
Wow. Now, I am a big fan of Richarlison but comparing him to the original Ronaldo is either fantastic fishing or you've been self-medicating for far,far too long.

As @Tel001 alluded to, Ronaldo wasn't just on a different level entirely, but sat right at the top of the pyramid; until his injuries, he was easily the world's best.

His statistics are mind-boggling: 44 in 47 for Cruzerio (0.93 goals per game); 54 in 57 for PSV (0.94 gpg); 47 in 49 for Barca (0.95 gpg); 59 in 99 at Real (0.59 gpg).

Then, his statics at Real show a decline but most other strikers in the world would have begged for a rate of 0.58 goals per game (104 in 177 games).

He keeps it up at both AC and Corinthians, so the only thing in Richarlison that reminds me of Ronaldo is that his name begins with an R and he's Brazilian.

Wow. Now, I am a big fan of Richarlison but comparing him to the original Ronaldo is either fantastic fishing or you've been self-medicating for far,far too long.

As @Tel001 alluded to, Ronaldo wasn't just on a different level entirely, but sat right at the top of the pyramid; until his injuries, he was easily the world's best.

His statistics are mind-boggling: 44 in 47 for Cruzerio (0.93 goals per game); 54 in 57 for PSV (0.94 gpg); 47 in 49 for Barca (0.95 gpg); 59 in 99 at Real (0.59 gpg).

Then, his statics at Real show a decline but most other strikers in the world would have begged for a rate of 0.58 goals per game (104 in 177 games).

He keeps it up at both AC and Corinthians, so the only thing in Richarlison that reminds me of Ronaldo is that his name begins with an R and he's Brazilian.

Would have been the best ever if he stayed fit. I remember the game he destroyed Man U at Old Trafford.

His second goal against Brighton had a lot of R9 in it...taking a defender out with a deft touch and then rounding the keeper. But yes, Richarlison has a way to go to reach those levels...a long way, if we're being honest.

Saying a player reminds you of another player isn't really comparing their ability, he's probably just noticing that they have a similar playstyle/run with the bill in a similar way

Stats for when he was at Milan? Also they do have soming else in common, they both are Brazil number 9’s. The real Ronaldo and Sudan’s are my two favourite players ever, I could watch them all day, love Messi and appreciate how good Cristiano is but Ronaldo and zidane where insane footballers. Both excellent dribblers but totally different styles, Ronaldo was so quick footed and powerfull and burst though gaps between players and rounded the GK with step overs that actually worked and left the keeper on his arse. Zidane was much more poetic and used to glide in slow motion and never rushed and any mistakes in his touch were corrected at his own pace and made people look stupid. Both players won everything and scored goals in massive matches for club and country, both true legends of the game and we won’t see any players like them again some may reach the heights as them but they won’t play omg the same style imo.

Would have been the best ever if he stayed fit. I remember the game he destroyed Man U at Old Trafford.

I think he was the best striker ever to be honest, certainly the best I have ever seen (37 years old). Had Ronaldinho levels of skill, absolutely blistering pace, finish with both feet, insane dribbling , strong as an ox, and turned up in big games. Even after both his knee injuries he scored heaps of goals, he lost his pace but still was the most feared striker in the world which tells me his footballing intelligence was also insanely good. To lose His pace and still be that good just highlights how good his dribbling and finishing really were. Not many players are loved by Barca and real fans and also inter and ac fans

Brazilian Ronaldo is one of the greatest strikers of all time. Comparisons with him are daft, even the best strikers in the game currently like Kane Aguero etc. can’t hold a candle to him so why should Richarlison suffer that comparison. The Brazil teammates ahead of him Jesus Neymar and Firmino are also not in the same ball park but because Richarlison has a name ending in R and a shaved head he gets this ridiculous comparison.

I’ve never seen a player who combined pace power and technique in the same way Ronaldo did before he did his cruciate. He could carry an entire attack single handedly in a way not even Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo could do.

Brazilian Ronaldo is one of the greatest strikers of all time. Comparisons with him are daft, even the best strikers in the game currently like Kane Aguero etc. can’t hold a candle to him so why should Richarlison suffer that comparison. The Brazil teammates ahead of him Jesus Neymar and Firmino are also not in the same ball park but because Richarlison has a name ending in R and a shaved head he gets this ridiculous comparison.

I’ve never seen a player who combined pace power and technique in the same way Ronaldo did before he did his cruciate. He could carry an entire attack single handedly in a way not even Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo could do.

Marvellous player, one of the greatest

Stats for when he was at Milan? Also they do have soming else in common, they both are Brazil number 9’s. The real Ronaldo and Sudan’s are my two favourite players ever, I could watch them all day, love Messi and appreciate how good Cristiano is but Ronaldo and zidane where insane footballers. Both excellent dribblers but totally different styles, Ronaldo was so quick footed and powerfull and burst though gaps between players and rounded the GK with step overs that actually worked and left the keeper on his arse. Zidane was much more poetic and used to glide in slow motion and never rushed and any mistakes in his touch were corrected at his own pace and made people look stupid. Both players won everything and scored goals in massive matches for club and country, both true legends of the game and we won’t see any players like them again some may reach the heights as them but they won’t play omg the same style imo.
Sorry, I mistyped 59 in 99 as Real in the original post when that was actually his time at Inter; 104 in 177 game was rightly Real as I had mentioned later on.

At AC, his record was still a very, very respectable 9 goals in 20 appearances (0.45gpg) and then he finally finished off with 35 in 69 (0.5gpg) at Corinthians.

When a goal nearly every two games - like at AC in a competitive league- is your career worst statistics, then you know you're on a different level of ability.

His career total is a whopping 0.69 goals per game, which while being less than both Mess and C.Ronaldo, is well and truly amazing considering his injuries.

God, we were spoiled in the late 90s and early 2000s with the likes of Crespo, Batistuta, van Nistelrooy, Raul, Eto'o, Vieri, Del Pierro, Totti, Shevchenko et al.

Sorry, I mistyped 59 in 99 as Real in the original post when that was actually his time at Inter; 104 in 177 game was rightly Real as I had mentioned later on.

At AC, his record was still a very, very respectable 9 goals in 20 appearances (0.45gpg) and then he finally finished off with 35 in 69 (0.5gpg) at Corinthians.

When a goal nearly every two games - like at AC in a competitive league- is your career worst statistics, then you know you're on a different level of ability.

His career total is a whopping 0.69 goals per game, which while being less than both Mess and C.Ronaldo, is well and truly amazing considering his injuries.

God, we were spoiled in the late 90s and early 2000s with the likes of Crespo, Batistuta, van Nistelrooy, Raul, Eto'o, Vieri, Del Pierro, Totti, Shevchenko et al.

Shows how much Italian clubs have fallen. Seria A used to be the league all the top players wanted to pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.