Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just let the lad play at the appropriate level for his talent and development and let things roll.

If it was me or someone from my family I'd feel uncomfortable already with the expectation but this is the digital age. Build them up to knock them down is a sign of the times.

If it was 20 years back he would only be making local news.

From the clips I've seen of him in action this year he has looked to have decent skill and finishing to go with his size. Defo needs to move up to the 23s and play against bigger, stronger oppo imo, see if he can keep it up.

17 year old has scored 21 goals in 11 games for our U18's has an U23 call up but should he get a senior call up? He's already older than Vaughan or Rooney was when they got their call up's, or would he be better left under age for another year or 2? The Kid looks awesome Big Fast Strong and obviously has an eye for goal..

Then there's the old...If you're good enough you're old enough
Sometimes you never know until you throw them in the deep end

Love the evertonian cycle with youngsters. When we haven’t seen him play it’s all ‘FFS give xxxx a run in the team he can’t be worse than (name of first choice misfiring striker)’. Then after a promising ten minute cameo it’s all ‘this lad could be the next Rooney’. After a disappointing first start it turns into ‘this lad is league 1 level at best why do we have (name of previously abused first choice striker) sat on the bench for this kid FFS). Rinse and repeat.

Don't know who he is, never seen him play, my bet is the park end will turn on him first, if he doesn't get on the score sheet with 2 assists on his debut I'm running on the pitch to drag the shirt off his back, nyarko style . BOOOO!!!!

Love the evertonian cycle with youngsters. When we haven’t seen him play it’s all ‘FFS give xxxx a run in the team he can’t be worse than (name of first choice misfiring striker)’. Then after a promising ten minute cameo it’s all ‘this lad could be the next Rooney’. After a disappointing first start it turns into ‘this lad is league 1 level at best why do we have (name of previously abused first choice striker) sat on the bench for this kid FFS). Rinse and repeat.
We should call our promising youngsters Solomon.
Born on Monday.
Scores a hat trick for the U18s on his debut on Tuesday.
Scores the winner against the RS on Wednesday 2 mins after making his debut as sub
Booed on Thursday
Sold on Friday

Yeah definitely mate. Everyone saying start him in the first 11 is definitely serious here. 100%.

Yeah mate let’s start him. Baptism of fire be the making of him.
I've never said start him Ijjy. Here's my views on it yesterday.
Personally I'd keep hold of him this season. First thing is he needs game time in the U23s. Unsworth is playing Sambou every game this season and, whilst he's doing OK, he should really have kicked on by now if he was going to make it here. I just feel Unworth is trying to give him every chance to justify the £1m he got the club to fork out on him a couple of years ago.

He's had plenty of opportunities now, and needs to make way for some of the younger players who are showing promise, like Simms and Adedoyin. Simms, in particular has shown he is too good at U18s and needs testing to continue his development. He should be starting for the U23s for the rest of the season and I'd also play him in the FA youth cup. It would be nice to have a proper go at that this year when we have a decent squad at U18.

If he does will at U23 level it may even be worth Marco having a closer look at him and get him training with the first X! squad. I think calls to have him on the bench for the first team are a bit premature at the moment, but if he does impress for the U23s and in training, then why not, especially if we have some dead rubber games towards the end of the season.

Next year I'd be looking to get him out on loan, probably at League 1 level rather than the championship. I think it's game time against open age teams he needs at this stage and he may not get that sitting in the bench for a championship team. He's still only 17 so there's absolutely no rush.
I was questioning your post saying everybody saying start him in the 1st XI was being 100% serious. I'm pretty certain your post saying start him in the derby wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.